• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playing Time vs Style

What Edition did you start with and what is your style now?

• 0D&D, currently Kick in the Door

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • 0D&D, currently Deep Immersion

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • 0D&D, currently in the middle...

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • 1E, currently Kick in the Door

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1E, currently Deep Immersion

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • 1E, currently in the middle...

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • 2E, currently Kick in the Door

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 2E, currently Deep Immersion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 2E, currently in the middle...

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 3E, currently Kick in the Door

• 3E, currently Deep Immersion

• 3E, currently in the middle...

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • I started with another RPG (please post)

Crothian

First Post
I started with the litte red books way back when. Wjhat we played then was not really close to the rules, but when yuour a kid, the rules just don't matter that much.

Now the role playiong is more important, though it really depends on the group I'm running. I'll do a kick in door campaign if that what the group wants.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I started with the original three books. I suppose the answer to the second part is 'middle' thought it's really 'both'. We do characterization and we do pretty much everything 'by the rules'. We do a lot of action and some dungeon crawling one week, then the next week we might spend the entire session closeted with the local baron to help seal a deal between him and the local elf-lord for tree-cutting rights. It all depends on how things go.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Started pre-AD&D; my preferred style is "in the middle" -- some combat and some roleplaying/investigating/discovery. It's all good. :)

Remove ads