• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtesting?

D'karr

Adventurer
Darkwolf71 said:
Handpicked? Do we know that? I remember seeing mention that the RPGA selection was finished, but nothing on how it was done. As far as I know it could have been random as well. (And being a quality player is not a prereq for joining. ;) )

Yes, we know that. And it would be nice if people layed off the player quality of RPGA members. The same could be said of forum membership. :)

Festivus

First Post
I should hope the selected RPGA members based upon how much they play / GM. I would likely be a great tester for their digital tabletop given my career background, and that I presently run online games. Tabletop however, I have only been playing 3.5 edition for two years and don't feel qualified to tell you what is presently broken (though I have my gripes).

I just hope they don't template their message off one of those 419 scams... my spam blocker won't let it through:

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET'. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE WIZARDS OF THE COAST DEVELOPMENT TEAM WHO ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINIONS OF FOURTH EDITION WHICH ARE PRESENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TO TRANSFER INTO YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT THE SAID FOURTH EDITION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR CLEMENT OKON

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Let's put a stop to the RPGA/non-RPGA bickering. No matter which side of that fence you're on, you're a gamer -- just like the people on the other side of the fence.

Thats all fine and good, but why is their grass always greener?? Must be the fertilizer or something.... ;)

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Darkwolf71 said:
Handpicked? Do we know that? I remember seeing mention that the RPGA selection was finished, but nothing on how it was done. As far as I know it could have been random as well. (And being a quality player is not a prereq for joining. ;) )
I was assured by RPGA HQ that all of them were handpicked. I just got the impression that the number picked wasn't very high. I was told they picked people they thought would be best for the job.

Unfortunately, without any formal application process before the "handpicking", it means that the people hand picked were those that RPGA HQ knew already. My guess is: The Circle, Campaign Staff of Xed'rik Expeditions, some people that RPGA HQ knew due to them being volunteers at conventions and helping out on projects, and a select number of recommendations from Circle members and XE Campaign staff (a decent number of whom were Triad members).

Darkwolf71

First Post
D'karr said:
Yes, we know that. And it would be nice if people layed off the player quality of RPGA members. The same could be said of forum membership. :)
Back off, bro. I didn't say RPGA members sucked, only that membership was no guarantee of quality. Yes, there IS a difference.

And providing some form of factual linkage would be oh-so-much-more-effective than just stating 'we know'.

helium3

First Post
I'm surprised that there's not more comment on Nooooonan's posting that the random DDI invites to playtest just went out.

I wish I'd known they were going to go out via email, as I might have checked my profile and realized that the email I had listed was a dead one from 2003. D'OH!!!

DonTadow

First Post
Piratecat said:
I'd really like to respond to this in detail -- and I'll admit to some bias, as I've played or run more than 300 RPGA games that were definintely D&D -- but Don, you probably missed my warning a few posts above. I'd like the RPGA/non-RPGA sidetrack in this thread to cease, please. Artificial delineations aren't helping anyone.

That means keep the thread on topic.

Thanks. Holler with questions.
Moving to a side discussion then unless criticizing organizations run by moderators is completely banned?

Remove ads