• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please Help with a Factotum/? Gestalt Build

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Thanks, I keep hearing about the Crystal Keep Files but had no idea where to find it.

Going with Gray Elf because of the Fire Elf's weakness against cold and water et al. and with keep going into the mountains will be in icy environs soon.

Sekhmet

First Post
[MENTION=98256]kitcik[/MENTION]: Thanks, will take one of the elves and maybe drop a stat or two to up CON. Rather take the + to DEX and Fix CON as possible.

Think I will kinda start a race compendium of my own after this, I went straight to the Races books and Campaign Guidebooks, didn't even consider going back to the basic books :eek::eek:.

You know you love Humans.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Off Topic but My Signature at Travellerrpg.com contains the following:

"A surefire way to avoid mistakes - don't do anything." Dale H. Besterfield
"A person who never makes mistakes seldom makes anything else." Christine Friberg

And see my Status here :lol:.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Okay, Now to start the build

Female Gray Elf (MM p 103 +2 Int, +2 Dex,-2 Str, -2 Con)

Factotum 4/Wizard 4 Gestalt

Ability Scores (4D6 drop lowest X 7 Drop Lowest) using DiceMage

16, 17, 15, 10, 14, 13, 12 (dropping the 10)

STR 12 (14 Rolled -2 Racial)
DEX 17 (15 Rolled +2 Racial)
CON 14 (16 Rolled -2 Racial)
INT 20 (17 Rolled +2 Racial +1 Level Boost)
WIS 13 (13 Rolled)
CHA 12 (12 Rolled)

Got lucky with the dice rolls so the CON and STR penalties don't really hurt at all.

Skills needed and helpful feats should be fairly straight forward with this one. I'll post the whole those lists and equipment spells when I get it done.

Much Apreciated Folks

Last edited:

Gray Lensman

Explorer
FEATS AND CLASS ABILITIES
1st Still Spell, Summon Familiar, Scribe Scroll, Inspiration, Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding
2nd Arcane Dilettante (1 spell)
3rd Combat Casting, Brains over Brawn, Cunning Defense
4th Arcane Dilettante (2 spells), Cunning Strike

SKILLS (40 at 1st, 10 at 2nd, 10 at 3rd, 11 at 4th = 71!!!!)
Aw shucks, why bother to even list them.

xigbar

Explorer
If you're really that worried about armor, just use mage armor/shield. It covers more than just normal armor, and Factotum lets you add your Int anyways. If you're really that worried, grab a level of spellsword to reduce spell failure chance, and some mithril twilight armor. Mithril being in the PHB, Twilight, I think, being in the Book of Exalted Deeds. If you're worried about overlap with the sorcerers, I'd check what kind of spells they choose. If possible, a Diviner would be useful, and very complementary with skillmonkeying. As for replacing Still Spell, Extend is neat.

These are just suggestions, of course.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
[MENTION=6673175]xigbar[/MENTION]: She flies in Sunday night and the first session isn't till Wednesday, so she has time to pick or redo anything she doesn't like and I don't really have anymore time to mess with it.

I have a few other things about the campaign to go over with her anyway.

I do appreciate everyones input though since Optimization ISN'T one of my strongpoints.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads