• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please Recommend A Good Campaign Adventure

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Hi-

I am running Age of Worms right now, but it seems a couple of players in my group are going through the same adventure in a different campaign.

Anyway, I really do not have the time to sit down and write out a 1 to 20 level adventure path, so that being said, what are some of the GOOD 1 to 20 level adventure / Campaigns out there?

Oh before you say Shackled City, been there done that.

thanks

Scott

airwalkrr

Adventurer
If you don't mind running AD&D or you don't mind converting, Fate of Istus is pretty good. It is a bit rough around the edges, but that is one thing I think makes a good Greyhawk mod. It leaves a lot of room for the DM to toss in sidetreks to tailor the adventure to the PCs; that's what I did when I ran it. Plus, I can send you my 3e conversion notes if you want to try.

The original 3e WotC adventures are also a pretty fun "campaign path." Though they aren't as intertwined as Shackled City or Age of Worms, they are roughly contiguous and fit well into any campaign setting. If you run 3.5, you will have to update some of the stuff, but many ofthe monsters used have long been updated to 3.5 so you will have little work to do.

Savage Tides begins in Dungeon next month, so perhaps you might consider that one.

If Dungeon Crawling is your thing, then the World's Largest Dungeon offers enough material for a dozen campaigns! Contrary to popular thought, there is a storyline and it is fairly compelling. I have to say it isn't the most interesting campaign I've ever played in, but there is a lot to appeal to hack n' slashers, plus some pretty unusual roleplaying situations.

You could also easily build a campaign around Greyhawk Ruins (also from AD&D). Of course, perhaps you might just like to wait around until Expedition to Castle Greyhawk is released next year. :)

If you like Eberron, I've found the Eberron adventures to be pretty fun. The first three are a mini campaign of their own. Plus, the Queen with Burning Eyes from Dungeon #113 is a good prelude to start 1st level characters from. Our group had a blast with these adventures, though they will only take you to level 8 or 9, which is "high-level" for Eberron.

Well, that's a small list to get you started.

Whisper72

Explorer
Plumb the depths of these boards. A while ago, there was some discussion on how to use the Free Original Adventures from the Wizards' website to build adventure paths. The good thing is... theyre free!!!

Also, the DCC line, especially now that DCC35 (IIRC) is out, detailing the campaign world at large and placing all the individual adventures. I am sure there are plenty ways to build several AP's with all the modules available.

Emongnome

First Post
The Age of Mortals modules from DragonLance are another worth recommending. I've only started in playing them, so I don't have much to offer in the way of details, except that it's a series of 3 adventures that takes characters from 1st to 20th, as you want. It's very setting-specific, so if you don't want it done in DragonLance, then you'll have a good deal of work on your hands.

Voadam

Legend
I enjoyed the first part of Mongoose's Drow Wars which I played in. Three modules, the first goes 1-10, then 11-20, then 21 to 30. They also have a dragonlords one that covers 1-20.

mfrench

First Post
Whisper72 said:
A while ago, there was some discussion on how to use the Free Original Adventures from the Wizards' website to build adventure paths.

Does anybody know where this discussion is? I seem to be unable to find it.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Emongnome said:
The Age of Mortals modules from DragonLance are another worth recommending. I've only started in playing them, so I don't have much to offer in the way of details, except that it's a series of 3 adventures that takes characters from 1st to 20th, as you want. It's very setting-specific, so if you don't want it done in DragonLance, then you'll have a good deal of work on your hands.

The good news is, you really only need the Dragonlance Campaign Setting and the Age of Mortals sourcebook - and even the latter isn't completely necessary. Almost all the information you need is in the modules other than things like chargen, racial details, etc.

The third adventure, Price of Courage, is in layout at the moment and will soon be ready to go off to print. It's going to be enormous - around 368 pages of high-level Dragonlance action, complete with a modular format that lets you run the chapters in any order, and four possible endings.

Cheers,
Cam

Treebore

First Post
Since I have thousands of adventures (Dungeon magazine, Necromancer, Goodman, and many others) I just start reading through them until I have enough to fit together as a "loose outline" and then fill in the missing blanks as we play along with my own ideas.

I also use a new setting every time I do this. That way all the money I have spent on all this stuff doesn't just go to waste sitting on my shelves gathering dust.

Remove ads