• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please Suggest a Feat for half-orc wiz1/fgh2/bbn6

zyzzyr

First Post
Hi all,

I'm on the verge of advancing my half orc wiz1/fgh2/bbn5 - going to take another level of bbn. Unfortunately, I'm a little stuck as to feats to take, and I was hoping for some advice.

Herre's my stats:

Str 19, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 11.

Currently have Weapon Focus (Greataxe), Power Attack, Improved Initiative, Combat Casting, Scribe Scroll (from wiz), and Extended Rage.

I'm currently equipped with a +1 Greataxe (and I won't wield anything but a greataxe), Breastplate +1 (light fortified), Gauntlets of Ogre Str., and a few other potions and so on.

Here's a quick version of my backstory:

I was kidnapped by humans from my tribe while a child. I was educated (private tutor) by one of the mages of the human country - they hoped I would become a mage (hence Combat Casting). I was poor at that, so I was given to the military to become a soldier. The military tried to educate me in the ways of orcs, seeing as they can be quite powerful (hence the Greataxe). Eventually I left the military (or was abandoned), and joined up with a nearby orc tribe. After a few years, I left and wandered the world.

I am ferocious and barely controllable in combat (though I don't want to go the frenzy route). I continually try to overpower my foes by my sheer strength. I usually use the first round of combat to cast shield and/or expeditious retreat.

Here's my thoughts:

Extra Rage (2x more rage/day) : Because I don't get my 3rd rage for 2 more levels after this one. I've just run out of rages for the first time, though - might not be necessary.

Two-Handed Power Strike (2x str dam instead of 1.5): Would add 4 pts/ hit while raging.

Improved Crit (Greataxe): The average crit forces a death by massive damage check. Also is prereq for Power Crit, which is unbelievable with my attack bonus. However, I can't take power crit at next opportunity to take feats - my bab won't be high enough. I need to wait 6(!) more levels. The campaign might not even exist at that point.

Heroic Surge (1/day/4 levels take extra partial action): Would help me get both spells off in first round, or that important extra attack. But I party with a sor who has haste, and might be able to by boots of speed or similar.

I'm stuck. I can't decide which to take, and I have to pick tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated!

If you know of any other feats that I should consider, please suggest!

Re: How About...

Morpheus said:
Extended Rage?
Nice, it stacks so you'd have +10 rounds of rage.

If you want to kill stuff, I'd say Improved Critical, but Cleave is also nice--you basically get a free extra attack every time something dies.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Leopold said:
i sense munkinism from this one....

This is not directed at the poster exclusively:
For crying out loud, stop using that term (munchkin) everytime someone asks for advise on how to better their character. It's inaccurate, uncalled for, and tends to incite flame wars.

[edit]
Blooded is a Forgotten Realms feat, it's not an option because it can only be taken at first level as part of character background (sure the DM can rule 0 that, but I wouldn't recommend it).
[edit] the above is incorrect, see next post, which will teach me to post before consulting the rule book

Improved crit. is a great feat, but your character is already a monster in combat.

Why not take iron will and cover one of your character's weaknesses - with a WIS of 8 and primarily warrior levels his will save must be pretty bad in comparison?

Last edited:

Remove ads