• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please Suggest a Feat for half-orc wiz1/fgh2/bbn6

Dingleberry

First Post
Mort said:

Blooded is a Forgotten Realms feat, it's not an option because it can only be taken at first level as part of character background (sure the DM can rule 0 that, but I wouldn't recommend it).

Actually, unless it was errataed (aI haven't downloaded it since I rarely use the book), it does not have the "1st-level only" limitation.

Personally, I really like feats like Blooded, which combine a skill bonus and something else, like a save bonus or initiative. Much more interesting than the generic "+2 to two skills" feats.

Theuderic

First Post
Come on kids, it's a game, stop getting all riled up over a GAME.
Remember, it's all about fun & play nice.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
I'd go with Improved Critical. Then, tell your arcane caster to memorize keen edge. Or get a keen greataxe. Either way, you'll be calling for massive damage saves on an 18-20 (assuming you get the crit after you roll the threat, of course).

zyzzyr

First Post
Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

I was pretty convinced on Improved Critical (mostly because it fits in with my character's personality - that is, massive damage good). I was definitely considering Iron Will but since my character hasn't yet had to do much in the way of Willpower saving throws, he wouldn't have come up with that. Plus I've turned the tide of battle now and again when I hit with a crit (nothing like felling a hill giant in one blow).

I hadn't thought of stacking Extended Rage. That's a good idea, and I might consider that. My half-orc is trying to "get back to his roots", so that would be a consideration.

I did think about Cleave, but I've never been in a combat yet where I've been surrounded by foes. Usually I find the toughest guy and take him down (my character feels he has something to prove).

As for munchkinism ...

eesh.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads