• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 1 - The Scouring of Gate Pass

renau1g

First Post
Korrin will silently seeth as he considers whether his father is involved in selling out the city to those damn Ragesians. It would be like him to do this, always looking out for his own skin.

During these thoughts, the human was thoroughly distracted during the conversation being had about potential escape strategies and comes to the discussions late in the game. He tries to recall anything he's heard about ways out from his thieves guild 'allies' or about any stories about historical escape routes.

[sblock=OOC]
Know (Local) & Know (history) (1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=11)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"If the Scourge finds us, then the Scourge will burn," says the wizard, flames dancing across one of his hands, and a hint of hard anger in his voice. "But before that happens, we must escape the city. After pondering my architectural knowledge of the design of the city wall, I'm inclined to say that the plan involving guard uniforms sounds like our best bet. It would be a task for us to try to climb the barrier." He shrugs. "And though I'm loathe to use force against those that have done we no harm, if we are discovered we can always fight our way through."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
[Korrin] tries to recall anything he's heard about ways out from his thieves guild 'allies' or about any stories about historical escape routes.

[sblock=OOC]
Know (Local) & Know (history) (1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=11)
[/sblock]
[sblock=what Korrin knows]Korrin can't think of any secret tunnels out of the city. He can think of a few tunnels that connect different buildings inside Gate Pass to each other, but nothing leading outside. There are a few sally ports that the Ragesians might not be aware of, but the City Guard does, and mans them appropriately.

When Gate Pass' external gates have been closed to traffic in recent history, the best way to sneak out has been to get papers that give you permission to leave. Sometimes these have been forged, but there have been times when city councilman signed illegal paperwork, either for a bribe or for ideological reasons (since Gate Pass is an independent city, the politics can be especially vicious). Currently, the main opposition in the City Council to aiding the Scourge has been Councilman Erdan Menash. If recent history is any guide, Menash may be willing to sign papers giving the party permission to leave the city.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"In the past, certain councilman could be...persuaded...to sign the paperwork allowing us to pass without incident. I have heard rumours about Councilman Erdan Menash, that he might be willing to assist against the Ragesian influences. He is no friend of them and was vigorous in his opposition" Korrin suggests as an alternative

Jemal

Adventurer
"I think I have a plan then. I can likely get us uniforms. If we can likewise gather horses, I believe Captain Hereman might be able to smuggle us out under the guise that we are 'on patrol'. The cavalry often leaves the city in such a fashion."
Rashelle smiles and looks over at Korrin "If Councilman Menash signed papers for a patrol, it would look less suspicious than him signing papers for civillians to leave. Also less suspicious than Captain Hereman simply sending out an extra patrol for no reason. Perhaps in combining our knowledges and connections, we can get out without a fight."

Rhun

First Post
Hollister nods as he continues to smoke his pipe. "It sounds as though we have a plan. Shall we get to it? I assume it will take some time to put all of these pieces together, and I should think we will want to be well gone from the city by dawn."

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros nods slowly. "Yes, that may work..... But how will we get horses? I have not made it a habit to carry much coin with me, and I do not know any horse-sellers in Gate Pass....."

renau1g

First Post
"It would also be suspicious if we purchased horses, then showed up at the gates with new mounts. Hmmm, could we just go out on foot?" Korrin says, thinking aloud.

concerro

Explorer
"I am sure the military has extra horses. If Menosh or Meesh or whatever his name is can claim his signature was forged by insiders we get horses, and he won't get in trouble." says Plavin

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Okay, it sounds like we have a good plan. After we meet up with Badgerface, we'll visit Menash and get him to write us papers to get out of town. Which could be tough, but I've also heard that Menash hates the Scourge. Then we just leave." Torrent nods to herself. "Sounds good. Anyone else have anything to add?"

When Torrent is quiet, you all notice that the bells have stopped ringing. The sudden silence gives everyone pause. [sblock=Korrin hears ...]the wooden floorboards creaking upstairs, like someone or something is moving on the second floor.[/sblock]
Everyone role initiative and say what you're going for the next six seconds.

Attachments

• Poison Apple Pub - current.pdf
    366.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Remove ads