• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Yes, it seems so. However, ‘not working’ does not sound all too good...” Lytha says, still not quite wanting to jump into the water as well.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Arshen and Liiros bob to the surface and swim over to Shaylir and Torrent. "We sent those two monsters to their well-deserved watery grave," Arshen says.

"So this sword is really stuck," Torrent says. "I can cast bull's strength on one of us. Arshen, you should stay big for a little bit longer and Osprem can help me pull, so that leaves Shaylir and Liiros. I'm sorry, little one, but if there's any chance we'll have to fight that thing down there I think the spell will help Liiros more." She looks at Shaylir for approval.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Oh yes, yes please do," Shaylir says happily. "I was thinking the same thing. I'll watch and warn the others." she says pointing towards the shore. "If the stag comes their way or summon a big mean shark if it attacks all of you."

She waits till Torrent has cast the spell and then watches as the three of them descend to the stag once more.

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros comes up for air, taking a few much-needed deep breaths.

Then he replies "Yes, we should hurry and try to remove the sword, now that the ogres are slain. Arshen and I likely have the best chance of pulling the sword free. Arshen should dive and try first, while he still has Osprem's boon of ogrish size. I will follow as soon as Torrent invokes her next spell. If we manage to pull the sword free, we should swim for shore as quickly as possible. We cannot fight properly underwater."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"You take lead on the first pull, Liiros. I'll take lead on the second, then you lead the rest." Torrent treads water while she calls on Osprem to enhance Liiros' strength, as well as to guide his next action. "Okay, let's go." With some effort the three dive to the bottom of the lake and grab the embedded sword. Torrent and Arshen start to tug on it.

[sblock=ooc]Liiros has bull's strength for a +4 enhancement bonus to strength and guidance for a +1 competence bonus on one action (like the STR check to pull out the sword). You have +4 from some fantastic aid-anothers, plus whatever bull's strength and guidance gives you.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros nods and dives down with Arshen and Torrent, seeking out the fiery stag and finding the wooden sword impaling it. The elven squire grabs hold of the hilt as firmly as he can and waits for the other two to grab hold, then he kicks powerfully and pulls with all his might, magically-augmented muscles straining against the sword and churning waters to rip the sword out of the flaming stag......

[sblock=ooc]Oops, got too caught up in dealing with annoying junk over the weekend and forgot to check here again on Monday.

But I got an awesome roll here! 28 total on my Strength check to pull out the wooden sword!
1d20+4+4+1=28

If he manages to yank it free, Liiros just keeps kicking with his legs to swim toward the surface......then swim toward the shore if he has the chance before everything goes pear-shaped or something.[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The sword comes free in Liiros' hands. The stag roars and launches itself up to the surface. It ignores Shaylir and looks towards the shore.

On the shore Lytha and Hollister see the stag erupt out of the murky lake 100 feet away. The Song of Forms falters when the singing seela see the stag from the top of their tower. It looks at them as if it's daring them to continue. They do. "That's it! The abomination! It's here! Sing! C'mon, sing!" Tiljann shouts at the seela standing on the shore.

We're back in initiative. Every should take their turn now. Lytha and Hollister, if you had a ready action that could effect the stag from 100 feet away you can take it.

[sblock=ooc]The stag is on the surface 100 feet out from shore. Shaylir's on the surface right next to it. Torrent, Liiros, and Arshen are 20 feet down underneath it.

So far the stag is the only enemy, so I still think it's not worth the effort of doing a map.

Liiros: You know the sword is awesome, somehow. Unless you don't want it to, the sword will become a medium-sized longsword on your turn.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir looks in awe at the fire stag as it surfaces. Then the shock wears off and she shrieks with glee. "Yes! They have the sword!" she says then yells to the shore. "They have the sword!"

Looking at the stag she splashes water at the beast, "Shoo now! Go away you are free. Go back to the forest and leave everyone alone."

The halfling then starts her doggy paddling back to shore.

Remove ads