• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Rhun

First Post
"Ware, the devil is resistant to magic!" calls Hollister. The wizard, realizing they need to focus their attention upon the devil, decides to take the slime-sac creatures out of the battle. Calling upon arcane forces, webbing explodes across the road, engulfing all of the slime beasts in thick strands of sticky webs.

AC: 16 (mage armor), Hit Points 16/16

Initiative: 08

Cast web, centered between AJ/AK in the center of the road. This should catch all 5 slime creatures, and overlap them 5' in our direction, while leaving Liiros untouched.

(And yes, as noted in the OOC thread, I realize that the anchor points are aflame and will cause the web to begin burning as per the spell description. But it should still hold the beasties for several rounds.)

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Grease, Magic Missile + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Flaming Sphere + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
"Vile creature, thou hast no business here. Crossing us shall be thy last mistake."

So saying, Arshen leaps and launches a quick snap kick at his foe's head. Landing softly, he gathers himself for a brief moment and then comes up in a vicious uppercut aimed squarely for the devil's weirdly bearded chin.

[sblock=OOC]Free Action: Assign the Bearded Devil as new Dodge Target. AC 16 against its attacks.

Full Attack: Flurry of Blows on the devil. First attack gets +1 from Guidance: 1d20+5=25*, crit confirmation 1d20+5=24, damage 1d6+3= 6, x2 on a crit = 12.

Second Attack: 1d20+4=17, damage if that hits is 1d6+3=7.

*For some reason the site had logged me out and I didn't notice when I made this first roll (the 20). :/ Damn the luck. The link is still there so I hope it's useable, but if you say it needs to be disregarded then I understand. In which case maybe the confirmation roll can be used as the attack roll? Or I can roll again if necessary.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]HP: 21/26

AC: 15*, Touch 14*, Flat-footed 13
* - +1 vs. {D}, +4 vs. attacks of opportunity provoked by movement

Speed: 40'

Saves:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +6*
Will: +6**

*- Evasion
**- +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (1d6+3, 20/x2)
Unarmed Strike +4/+4 melee (1d6 +3, 20/x2)

Shuriken +4 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)
Shuriken +2/+2 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)

Abilities:
Stunning Fist 2/3 /day

Expendables:
685.4gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Shaylir steps behind Arshen and asks that Mother Nature guide his next action.

Liiros strides forward and draws a silvered shortsword. He stabs at one of the slimy creatures, piercing it and releasing a stream of runny ooze. The creature collapses to the ground. It's vital fluid is absorbed by the ash, leaving a large damp stain on the ground.

Lytha moves away from the bearded monster, taking care to avoid his cruel-looking glaive.

Hollister casts a magic web over the summoned creatures. Only one of the remaining four {L4} is stuck fast (ref save DC 15). Attached to burning trees, the edges of the web immediately start burning. Looking at the creatures before casting his spell, Hollister recognizes them as extremely weak Devils called Lemures. As Devils, they are resistant to damage from weapons that are not silver or infused with the power of good. They are often summoned by other Devils to serve as fodder in battle.

Arshen launches an all-out attack on the bearded monster. A kick and a punch both connect. During the second hit, an uppercut to the chin, the monster's beard writhes and tries to scratch Arshen's hand. The monster appears to ignore most of the force of both hits, though he is still injured.

Torrent moves to protect Hollister and Lytha from the bearded monster. She then calls on Osprem to bless the party.

The bearded monster snarls in anger in response to Arshen's strikes, too furious for coherent speach. He takes a mighty swing at him, and then a second. The first connects (25) for 7 damage. The second also hits (26, no confirm), for 15 damage. Even though the monster pulls his glaive back after each attack the wounds feel like he's continuing to twist the blade.

The trapped Lemures struggle against the web, but none can move.

[sblock=OOC]I rolled Hollister's knowledge (planes) check, with a small bonus, and got a 27. The DC is 12 for Lemures, so he has two things left to learn about them or Devils in general.

Everyone is blessed, giving a +1 morale bonus to hit and fear saves.

Updated map below.[/sblock]

Attachments

• IFFOI1r3-corrected.gif
    IFFOI1r3-corrected.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Oh Fritz, he's being chopped to bitz!" Shaylir cries out again quickly moving to touch the poor monk.

{{Haillan ne'ta Gihull}}

Her healing magic takes care of the first wound but the deeper cut is to much for it. "We need some help over here," she shouts to the others. "Like now!"

[sblock=actions]
Move: none but a 5'step to T8 glad I can stay out of the hard melee
Standard: Cast Cure Light Wounds 1d8+3 = 8 Darn need to roll an 8 to get a total of 11 to give him back half his HP so I'm thinking 8..8..8.. and that's what it gave me stupid Secert :p
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 21/21
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +4
Will: +8(+9)

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water, Guidance, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1- Magic Stone, Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds(0/2)- 1d8+3

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Light
1- Bless, Sanctuary, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): not used
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 3/3

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

"Regroup on my position! Stop standing there and letting him butcher you!!" Liiros calls out, as he slams his silvered blade hard into the shoulder of another slimy little fiend, crushing some of the bones there, and then backs up several giant steps closer to Hollister and the others.

[sblock=ooc]Liiros attacks lemure #4, then moves 20 feet back towards the rest of the group. I would suggest Shaylir back up with her move action, rather than staying put, in case Arshen or the others actually follow Liiros' tactical suggestion. Liiros is too slow to reach Arshen in one round to aid him unless Arshen himself backs up closer to Liiros. Liiros is best-equipped to handle the bearded devil, and should be involved in that fight.

My attack will use the Mountain Hammer strike, with an attack roll of 18 and damage roll of 15.
1d20+6=18, 1d8+2+2d6=15

Granted Vanguard Strike. Changing stance to Iron Guard's Glare as a swift action. It would be safest for folks to stay close to Liiros for him to guard them.

Liiros' Status:
Bless and Enlarge Person active
HP 25 / 25
AC 15 Enlarged and without shield equipped
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones, Vanguard Strike
Ready Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike (2), Vanguard Strike (5), Charging Minotaur (1), Stone Bones (4), Mountain Hammer (3)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Use silver, if you have it," calls Hollister. The wizard steps up behind Torrent, and casts another spell. The ground beneath the devil becomes extremely slick, coated in slippery grease.

AC: 16 (mage armor), Hit Points 16/16

Initiative: 08

Move to W9, cast grease. Covering squares P8/9 & Q8/9. DC14.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Grease, Magic Missile + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Flaming Sphere + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha moves towards the wounded Arshen, touching one of the moonstones on her belt, which promptly turns dark but confers a glow to her hand. As the elf then touches the monk's shoulder, the glow diminishes while some of his wounds are being healed.

OOC: Move to T9 (right behind Arshen) and use Healing Belt on him for 9 hit points.

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Reinvigorated by his companions' efforts, Arshen guardedly pushes himself back up into a combat stance with a wary eye locked on the devil's glaive, and backs off a little out of its reach. "Liiros is correct. We should withdraw. Go now, I will follow behind."

[sblock=OOC]Standard Action - Total Defense. +4 AC for a total of 20 against the devil's attacks.

Move Action - Stand up. Provokes an AoO from the devil - fingers crossed.

Free Action - 5' step out of the devil's reach, next to Shaylir and Lytha.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]HP: 16/26

AC: 19*, Touch 18*, Flat-footed 13
* - +1 vs. {D}, +4 vs. attacks of opportunity provoked by movement

Speed: 40'
Saves:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +6*
Will: +6**

*- Evasion
**- +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (1d6+3, 20/x2)
Unarmed Strike +4/+4 melee (1d6 +3, 20/x2)

Shuriken +4 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)
Shuriken +2/+2 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)

Abilities:
Stunning Fist 2/3 /day

Expendables:
685.4gp[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Shaylir steps up to Arshen and heals him again.

Liiros destroys another lemure and then moves back towards the bearded monster.

Hollister flicks a buttered pork rind at the monster and greases the ground around him. The slippery ground causes him to fall prone (save DC 14).

Lytha activates the healing energy in her magical belt and releases it into Arshen.

Conscious again, Arshen prepares to stand up. "Arshen, WAIT!" Torrent shouts, causing him to hesitate. Before he moves, Torrent approaches the monster while drawing her battleaxe. As she closes to within melee range she provokes at attack from the monster. The attack connects (22) for 14 damage. Torrent stays on her feet and swings at the monster with all her strength. She connects, but as she draws the battleaxe back you watch the wound she made heal almost completely (rolls).

Only then does Arshen stand and shuffle back, out of the reach of the monster's glaive.

Hollister's web continues to burn. Flames engulf one of the lemures, but it's unharmed. The web surrounding this one will soon be consumed, leaving it free.

The bearded monster attempts to stand. Torrent swings at him when he's off-guard and off-balance, hitting him in the shoulder. Again, it immediately heals much of the damage (rolls). Once standing, he glares at Torrent. "Good fight," he says, smiling and nodding. He looks over the party and says "We'll meet again," before disappearing in another blossom of fire.

With the bearded monster gone, the party makes short work of the remaining lemures. Afterwords, Torrent takes out her wand of healing and says, "Don't cast any more healing spells. This is still pretty fully charged, and we don't know what else will happen before we get a chance to rest." She speaks loudly to be heard over the crackling fire of the forest.

[sblock=OOC]Liiros has shown a great ability to kill lemures, so I think it's safe to assume he dispatches the remaining ones without rolling it out. We can drop out of combat rounds now.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Thank The Green Man," Shaylir says after the last of the lemures is destroyed. "I never want to see an ugly out-worlder again."

She pauses to give proper thanks to The Green Man in silent prayer. Her head quickly bows as she whisper's her thank you, and the pearl within her holy symbol begins glowing a soft green. Shaylir thanks The Green Man again for the return of her power to help the others.

[sblock=OOC] Activate Pearl of Power. Get back druid spell cure light wounds(1d8+3). [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads