Podcast/audible book you are listening too right now.

the Jester

Legend
The History of English.
When Diplomacy Fails.
The British History Podcast.
The Life of Caesar.

Those are my current "most listened to" podcasts.

Dioltach

Legend
I've been trying to get through A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie for a while (I've devoured all his other books, but this one just isn't doing anything for me).

Also listening to:
Persians: the Age of the Great Kings
Egypt, Greece and Rome: Civilizations of the Ancient Mediterranean
The Plantagenets: the Kings who Made England
The Ottomans: Khans, Caesars and Caliphs

Recently finished:
Powers and Thrones
Rise and Fall of the Borgias
Putting the Fact in Fantasy

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My list of podcasts is long. My must listen is The Scathing Atheist. You may notice a theme.

Gaming related
D&D Minus
Space Poddity
Dumbgeons & Dragons

History and history adjacent
History That Doesn't Suck
Citation Needed
Cults, Cryptids, and Conspiracies

Fiction
Power Trip
Ghosts in the Burbs
Old Time Radio Cast
Old Gods of Appalachia

Current events
Scathing Atheist
Skepicrats
Friendly Atheist
Cognitive Dissonance
Thank God I'm Atheist
Oh God What Now
I Doubt It
Doomsday Watch

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Audible Great Courses "Rome and the Barbarians" by Professor Harl.
As long as there is a new episode I am always listening to Our Fake History as well.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Currently listening $#!t Actually by Lindy West, it's just her reviewing movies and it's hilarious.

Had been listening the Scholomance series by Naomi Novik, very excellent YA "magic school" fantasy that really takes the piss out of the genre conventions. The last book comes out soon and I'm very excited because they always end on some ridiculous cliffhanger.

Audible ending Ready player one soon, then not sure what I'll start listening to nexct.
I finished this one up, I tried listening to Catching Fire having heard to The Hunger Games earlier this year but when McCormick attempts different voices for the characters its jarring and pulls me out. So, I'm going to try some other audiobooks.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Currently listening $#!t Actually by Lindy West, it's just her reviewing movies and it's hilarious.

Had been listening the Scholomance series by Naomi Novik, very excellent YA "magic school" fantasy that really takes the piss out of the genre conventions. The last book comes out soon and I'm very excited because they always end on some ridiculous cliffhanger.
I associate Scholomance with WoW. I was disappointed to find out this was not a WoW book.

Remove ads