Podcast/audible book you are listening too right now.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I think everyone should stop what they're doing. Drop everything, even the baby, and listen to Midnight Burger. This is the funniest podcast I've heard. It's Doctor Who, but funny, and with cussing.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Podcasts:
  • "A History of Rock in 500 Songs" - which absolutely f---ing fantastic - the host makes a point that he is presenting A history not The history and anyone who claims to present "the history" needs a hefty dose of skepticism.
  • "Titan Up the Defense" (which started as Teen Titans Wasteland) the very best and funniest comic book podcast ever. Brothers Hub and Corey cover Marvels The Defenders and DC's New Teen Titans in alternate weeks - I was guest on it a couple times so I may sound biased, but I wouldn't be a repeated guest on a podcast I didn't think highly of.
  • "What the Duck: A Podcast Most Fowl (but with a 'W' because he's a duck, that's the full name the show)" - yes, that is really the full name of the show. This is the Howard the Duck podcast you can only get by supporting Titan Up the Defense on Patreon at the $1 level or higher (you get access to all the episodes as soon as you sign up) and is hosted by Hub of TUTD and his wife Lisa.
Audiobooks:
I have been listening to LeGuin's Earthsea Cycle narrated by the late great Robert Engliss who did the definitive and complete reading of the LotR including all the appendixes! You have not lived until you have heard him read the parts where Pippin is re-telling the attack on Orthanc and you hear Ingliss doing Pippin's voice doing Gandalf's voice in his story. Anyway, I only mention that as an example of his talent. I may re-listen to LotR after I am done with the Earthsea books.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Do any of you support the podcasts you listen to? Use one of the sponsor's services, patreon? I can't afford it. I can't support them all, and couldn't choose which ones to support.

Ryujin

Legend
Do any of you support the podcasts you listen to? Use one of the sponsor's services, patreon? I can't afford it. I can't support them all, and couldn't choose which ones to support.
Yup. I don't listen to many, so a couple of bucks each doesn't break the bank.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I just learned of City of Ghosts. The main character is played by Brigette Lundy-Paine, Ted's daughter from the latest Bill and Ted movie. It's a supernatural noir drama. El is a PI that hears voices/ghosts.

Dioltach

Legend
I've just finished A Little Hatred, by Joe Abercrombie, read by Steven Pacey. It's taken me forever: I started listening the day the audiobook became available. I'm not sure why, but it just didn't grab me the way Abercrombie's other books did.

Remove ads