Pogre's New Story Hour with Mini pics - (12/7 The Final Update)

pogre

Legend
Episode 03
The Old City

Skullringer was in trouble. The vine was choking him mightily and he could not swing his great club. The half-orcs knees buckled and soon his world went black.

Gerhardt followed by Xerk rushed into the clearing.

Gerhardt managed to hack the vine away and Xerk stabilized Skullringer. The plant lashed out again and narrowly missed Gerhardt. A woman appeared at the rock’s opening and shouted for everyone to get out of the clearing.

The men dragged Skullringer out of the clearing.

Hilde called out, “We meant no harm. We only want to talk.”

The woman took a large cane and swept the plant to one side. “You may approach from this side.” She motioned to the side away from the deadly vine she was now holding at bay.

The adventurers filed into the cozy cave. The woman, they discovered was in fact none other than Irewyn Isengard, the reputed swamp witch. She served them wild herb tea and gave them all some supper.

“Is it poison?” Gerhardt asked Nanjuk.

“She’s eating it,” the dwarf replied. “It smells good.”

Gerhardt and Nanjuk eyed each other for a time waiting for the other to commence dining.

“What happened that night ten years ago Lady Isengard?” Inga asked.

Irewyn’s eyes rolled back in her head, she shook, and she appeared lost in another world.

“We must be gentle,” Hilde instructed. “These are very painful memories. She has blocked them out completely. Come Inga we must pray to Opheria for this woman.”

“Dwarf, you eat grub?” Skullringer asked reaching for the dwarf’s wooden bowl.

“Leave it be. I am going to eat it,” Nanjuk replied and began eating.

“You eat yours?” Skullringer asked of Gerhardt.

“No take it,” Gerhardt replied. “You probably need it after the beating that plant gave you.”

Skullringer was oblivious to Gerhardt’s comment and began gulping down his second helping.

Hilde had her palms gently touching Irewyn and prayed fervently in hushed tones with Inga. Lady Isengard began to recover. With much coaxing from Hilde Irewyn Isengard slowly told the story how she and her husband had been taken into the swamp. They both had their throats cut and were left for dead. She watched as her husband’s body sunk through the swamp. She survived by acting dead. She fled in terror and has lived in the wild ever since.

“Who killed your husband?” Xerk inquired.

Lady Isengard felt at the scar on her neck. “I do not know everyone involved, but one of them was Eural Dunaman.”

“What would you have us do?” Xerk asked.

“My husband is an undead thing. I followed him into the old city. He is consumed by his desire for vengeance. I would like him laid to rest.”

“Ask her if we can camp here tonight,” Gerhardt said.

“She’s not in another room Gerhardt,” Hilde stated. “Feel free to ask her yourself.”

“Hey, Lady Isengard, since we’re going to go kill your husband for good – how about giving us room and board tonight?” Gerhardt asked.

The stress was too much for Irewyn and she lapsed into another fit.

“I hear they’re looking for diplomats at Norgate Gerhardt,” Xerk said.

“What’s that got to do with me?” Gerhardt asked.

“Absolutely nothing Gerhardt,” Hilde replied. “For now on I’ll do the talking. Just whisper your questions to me.”

“Whatever, remember you were the one who said to ask her.”

“My mistake,” Hilde admitted.

Irewyn came around with much coaxing and readily gave her permission to allow the group to camp at her home for the night.

…..

The adventurers made their way through the swamp to the old city. The swamp made travel slow, but fortunately, it was a short trip. There were several ruins at the old city but only one that was mostly intact. The town hall, with a sign still attached remained standing. The back half of the building had sunk some into the slough.

The group went in and saw streams of algae-filled, muddy water streaming into the room and flowing out.

“I’m going to check that door out,” Gerhardt said. “Nanjuk, you check the other door.”

“One door at a time would be a better strategy,” Xerk warned.

Gerhardt had already started out and failed to heed the cleric’s words. Suddenly the floor beneath him gave way.

Gerhardt plunged down and a splash soon issued forth.

“Oh dear,” Hilde exclaimed. “Gerhardt are you alright?”

“Great, except I landed on a dead guy,” Gerhardt replied.

“What can you see?” Inga asked.

“Not a damn thing. Lower me a torch,” Gerhardt replied.

Nanjuk attached a torch to a rope and lowered it down to Gerhardt.

“Now, what can you see?” Inga asked again.

“Lots of dead folks and one huge octagon room,” Gerhardt answered.

The dwarf was checking the other two doors. To the west he saw a collapsed passageway with a lot of muck flowing from it.

The dwarf then checked the east door. That passage was also clogged with mud and the like, however, he spotted a door.

“What does everyone wish to do? Go to the door Nanjuk spotted or lower ourselves down to Gerhardt?” Xerk asked.

“I vote you get your arses down here!” Gerhardt yelled. “I think I hear something clawing at one of the doors.”

Skullringer jumped down the hole.

To be continued…

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Episode 04
Biggest Rats Ever!

Skullringer landed on a corpse, but managed to keep his balance. The landing gave the half-orc a jar, but he managed a smile. He placed his ear at the door Gerhardt indicated had been scratched at moments earlier. Listening for a moment, he picked his head up and said, “Let’s go in and kill them.”

“Uh, no we’re going to wait for everyone else.”

Skullringer frowned. “More glory for two.”

“There might be undead. A couple of clerics might be handy.”

Skullringer called up, “Hilde, Xerk come down with totems. Scare evil spirits.”

“Is he asking us to come turn some undead?” Xerk asked.

“Not yet,” Gerhardt replied. “Just come on down.”

Nanjuk secured a rope and the rest of the group made it down in the octagon room. Hilde remarked that the room did not appear to be a burial chamber and she feared the corpses were people who could not escape a flash flood situation. Nanjuk reported that he could hear nothing from the north-west door. Skullringer complained again about the delay.

“I agree orc. Let’s go,” Gerhardt stated. The rest of the group barely had time to form up behind the fighter as he opened the door and proceeded down a short hallway into an ancient storage room. Mold completely covered the room and had destroyed most of the items. Gerhardt spotted some beady eyes. “By Olfader, these are the biggest rats I have ever seen!”

As though on cue the creatures emerged from the darkness and attacked the group.

Nanjuk gasped, “They’re bigger than me!” Indeed they were and the beasts attacked the adventurers with gusto.

Gerhardt sunk his blade deeply into one of the, but it only seemed to increase the creatures vigor. Skullringer swung his great club so hard he nearly fell down. His nimble opponents sidestepped the huge bat. Xerk was able to connect on one of the beasts, but they kept coming.

Sharp teeth dug into the dwarf and he struggled to maintain his balance on the wet, moldy floor. Skullringer brought his weapon down with a solid thud on one of the creatures. A loud snap could be heard as bits of fur flew through the air. The creature spasmed and then lay still. Gerhardt sliced into the monster near him again as well and the five-foot long furry beast died.

The entire group surrounded the remaining creature and Gerhardt was able to kill it as well. However, the creature did manage one last nip at the fighter before dying.

Gjord looked over the corpses. “They’re not rats. They are Opossums and dire at that.”

Nanjuk began searching the chamber announcing his finds as he went through the boxes and crates. “Rotten grain here. This must have been hardtack. Likely a bit of dried fish here at one time.”

While the dwarf was rattling off his finds, Skullringer drew out a large dagger. Carefully, the big half-orc began cutting into the dire opossums chest. Once he had a large enough opening, he dropped the blade and with both hands pulled the ribs apart. His hand dove into the beast’s entrails and retrieved the heart.

“That’s disgusting,” Hilde stated. “What are you doing?”

Skullringer smiled and gobbled down the heart. Gjord chuckled, but Hilde turned and gagged.

“It’s part of his culture,” Inga said to the cleric. “He must eat the heart while its still warm. In this way he makes his Saga. His opponents feed his glory.”

“Well, you might tell him that Opossums are notoriously filthy animals,” Hilde replied.

Skullringer began cutting into the second Opossum.

“It does not matter,” Inga said. “This is his way.”

Skullringer held the second trophy aloft and then gobbled it down.

Hilde turned her head. “I think a fast may be in order for me.”

Skullringer finished the last heart as Nanjuk completed his inventory.

Gerhardt watched the half-orc clean his mouth with his forearm and give a loud belch. “You could have told me you were hungry.”

Skullringer smiled. “More glory for two. Next time – no wait.”

“I think I have been very careful in my search and I find no concealed exits,” Gjord stated. “We should check the other doors in the large room.”

The group backtracked to the larger room and opened the north-east door. They found similar arrangements, with ruined supplies covered in mold. There were no inhabitants though. Nanjuk made a quick inventory and they backtracked to the larger room again.

Beyond the southern door was a large passageway. The group came to a four-way intersection with doors to the east and west. The passage beyond the west door led to another collapsed area that Nanjuk warned was unstable. Another passage beyond the east door led away into the darkness.

After checking the southern passage and finding a dead-end, the group returned to the four-way and journeyed east. The passage turned north and four doors were evenly spaced on the eastern wall of the passage.

Nanjuk checked the southern-most portal for traps and Gerhardt opened the door. Nanjuk scrambled inside and found another mold-covered room. This room had more supplies, but not foodstuffs – the party patiently endured Nanjuk’s thorough search and inventory again. “Blankets, completely ruined. Tunics, in the old style. Torches, heavily water damaged.” A half-hour later the dwarf emerged. “Nothing of worth,” he announced.

The next door was another mold-infested storeroom. The group patiently waited as Nanjuk once again went through the entire room.

The next door opened into another moldy storage room. Exactly the same dimensions as the other two and supplied with similar crates and boxes covered in fungi.

“I don’t suppose we could assume this is the same as the first two?” Gjord volunteered.

“Is there a hurry?” Nanjuk asked.

“No, I suppose not,” Gjord sighed.

The dwarf went into the room. His familiar refrain came echoing back into the corridor. “A few lanterns in this box. Must have been nice storm lanterns years ago, but ruined now. This box looks to have some arghhhh….”

“What in the hells happened?” Gerhardt asked.

Gjord popped his head into the doorway. “I don’t know. He’s just laying there unconscious.”

“Is he bleeding?” Xerk asked.

“I don’t think so,” Gjord answered.

to be continued…

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Episode 05
Half-orc Etiquette

“I’m not getting him,” Gerhardt announced.

“No one is asking you to,” Gjord said disdainfully as he moved into the room. “Would you help me here Xerk?”

“Of course,” Xerk answered.

Together they reached down to grab the dwarf’s hands.

“It’s so cold in here,” Xerk commented and he began dragging Nanjuk.

“That fungus over there is radiating the cold,” Gjord answered.

With Nanjuk out of the room, the dwarf’s body began to warm and he slowly recovered. Xerk chanted a prayer over Nanjuk and the dwarf began to move his limbs freely.

Gerhardt opened the next door and called out to his companions, “Hey, is shorty up to checking another room.”

Nanjuk stood up. “I can check it out, but you better watch your mouth.”

Nanjuk scrambled into the room. There was a pyramid of oil barrels nearly reaching the ceiling. There was a large hole in the ceiling leading to the upper story. Following a rearrangement of the barrels the group created a stairway to the upper level. The group emerged in some sort of library or records place.

“Nanjuk, go check around the corner for traps,” Gerhardt suggested.

The dwarf crept quietly away from the rest of the adventurers and started to turn a corner in the L-shaped room. Nanjuk suddenly froze in fear.

“What’s wrong Nanjuk?” Gerhardt called. The dwarf did not respond. Gerhardt sprinted to his position and he too froze in fear.

The rest of the adventurers rushed to see what the matter was. The mummy filled them all with a sense of dread, but they began the assault. The linen covered beast proved very difficult to hit. It was wearing a breastplate made from Black Dragon hide. A breastplate that left no doubt this was the former Isendale.

The Mummy seemed to fight half-heartedly, as though it regretted defending itself. Skullringer brought his club crashing down with great force on the Mummy time and time again, but the thing kept standing.

Gerhardt and the dwarf finally snapped out of their supernatural daze and took up positions on the opposite side of the Mummy. Assailed from all sides the undead creature slowed.

Slowly, but surely the group whittled the Mummy down and it expired in a crumpled mass.

Skullringer removed a dagger from his belt and walked towards the mummy. “No, Skully don’t,” Inga called out as she put herself between the blade and the corpse. Skullringer gave her questioning glance.

“It may have remnants of the rot in it,” she cautioned. “Besides we do not need the added burden of explaining why the heart is missing when we return the body to Bearden’s Hollow.”

The half-orc reluctantly put his dagger away. A quick search of the room found a number of records that might be enough to identify all of the corpses that had been coming up from the swamp.

Gjord carefully covered the Mummy in burlap and removed the breastplate.

“We will take this back to Bearden’s Hollow for evidence,” Hilde announced.

“Evidence for some very profitable blackmail?” Gerhardt asked hopefully.

“Evidence to bring down that scum Eural Dunaman!” Xerk responded with a strong voice.

“I was afraid you were going to say that,” Gerhardt replied.

…..

The adventurers returned to the Temple of the Messenger and found Father Denethan. Father Denethan explained that councilman Dunaman had remained holed up in his home for the last couple of days. The adventurers then presented their evidence of Dunaman’s wrongdoing of a decade ago. The priest quickly endorsed the group’s plan to confront the councilman.

Father Denethan emerged from the church and encouraged the villagers to follow him and the adventurers to confront Dunaman. The Father, the adventurers, and a parade of villagers walked through the village and north to the old Isendale home. Dunaman, Constable Gaith, and three men-at-arms were waiting for the group. The show of force was enough to convince the villagers to hold back. The group and Father Denethan continued forward.

Xerk stepped forward and held up the breastplate of Isendale. “Here we bring evidence of your foul deeds Dunaman. This ancient heirloom of the Isendales was on the corpse of Sethellen Isendale – who you murdered!”

“That’s quite a story these strangers have concocted. I do not know where you got that armor, but certainly I had nothing to do with a murder,” Dunaman replied.

“We brought his body, formerly a mummy back to the Temple of the Messenger. Further, you failed to kill his wife and she lives out in the swamp even now. She will testify to your foul deed,” Hilde retorted. Hilde was not really sure if Lady Isendale would testify, but she had no reason to believe that she would not.

“I can see when I am being sent down a slide into the pit. I’ll not be subjected to some peasant court facing trumped-up evidence,” Dunaman stated. A look of fear was evident in the councilman’s features.

“There will be no arrest today,” Gaith added. “Go home before you get hurt strangers.”

“You will be tried in Derlon before a court of the Realm,” Gjord stated.

“It’s not going to happen. You will not take me alive,” Dunaman replied.

“Then dead,” Skullringer said in a low voice.

“Oh look, it can talk,” Gaith taunted. “Come here orc and taste my steel you bastard of a raped whore.”

Skullringer’s response to Gaith’s taunt was quick – he charged.

Gaith had been waiting for Skullringer and dodged the barbarian’s great club. He turned to one side and thrust with his sword opening a red wound across Skullringer’s thigh. “What an unusual orc,” Gaith taunted. “He can talk, but he cannot fight.”

Inga charged behind the half-orc and attacked Dunaman.

Gerhardt followed suit and charged the enemies.

Two of the men-at arms moved up quickly to try and flank the adventurers and give their superiors an advantage.

One came too close to the half-orcs whirling great club and his head was mashed like a melon. Gerhardt immediately noticed the maneuver, as it was one of his favorites, and drove his blade into the other man-at-arms. The two warriors had paid for their attempts with their lives.

A coordinated attack from the remaining man-at-arms and Dunaman soon had Gerhardt on the ground unconscious and bleeding.

Hilde rushed forward and healed the ailing Gerhardt while the other adventurers covered for her.

Skullringer again brought his huge club to bear, but Gaith again deftly avoided the blow. The constable slid his blade up into Skullringer’s belly and drew more blood. Skullringer continued to attack, but blood was pouring from his wounds in frightening quantities. “It’s a pity you shant learn from this lesson, you stinking, scum half-breed, because today is your last,” Gaith taunted.

It may have been Gaith’s continued taunts that kept the half-orc upright. The pain was easily taken, but the strength was ebbing from his limbs. Like quick snake, Gaith move quick Skullringer thought. Must strike ahead of quick snake.

Gaith’s blade flashed towards Skullringer’s head and nicked part of his ear. “That’s quite an improvement to your…” The taunt was half-finished, because as Gaith tried to dodge back, Skullringer brought his weapon down with everything he had left. The effect was devastating on Gaith. His helmeted head took the brunt of the blow, and it snapped Gaith’s neck immediately. Gaith’s head bobbed like a ball on a string on his chest and then he fell back, dead before he hit the ground.

Gerhardt managed to right himself and resume the attack against Dunaman. Hilde moved up behind Skullringer and made a prayer that sealed some of his wounds. Slowing his blood loss to a trickle.

Gjord, Xerk, and Inga now converged on Dunaman. The councilman would not accept terms.

It was a matter of time. The blows rained down on the villain and he was quickly killed.

The villagers stood in shocked awe of what they had witnessed in the last minute. Then led by Father Denethan they gave the adventurers a round of applause.

“I guess these guys were not too popular,” Gerhardt commented.

“Form a wall quick,” Inga instructed. “Skully is doing his thing.”

The adventurers formed a line in front of the corpses, but the villagers were walking towards them. Inga pushed Xerk forward, “Please stall them Xerk!”

Xerk went towards the crowd and showed a bag of coins, “Let’s go celebrate!” He led the villagers back towards the village commons.

Skullringer removed the last bit of Gaith's armor and plunged his dagger down. He was really going to enjoy this heart.

To be continued…

Last edited:

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Good stuff, pogie.

I get a cruel sense of DM glee whenever characters fail checks like Balance, Climb, etc. Those skills aren't often stressed enough, I think, and lose out to skills like Spot & Listen.

You're using your days off well!

Questions (of course):

Do you have to purchase/paint the mini's you know you'll use for each session, or do you have a large enough collection now that you're normally able to find something that fits the bill? Do you re-use mini's that often for encounters?

D

P.S. The mummy figure, incidentally, is awesome.

pogre

Legend
Destan said:
Do you have to purchase/paint the mini's you know you'll use for each session, or do you have a large enough collection now that you're normally able to find something that fits the bill? Do you re-use mini's that often for encounters?

I try very hard to paint at least two figures or two pieces of scenery before every session. I usually get at least one done. I do re-use figures naturally, but I am starting to get quite an assortment of D&D figures. I have around a 1,000 painted figures or so, but a lot of them are from armies.

I always have dwarves covered - with at least 100 of them painted. What I'm working on is some of the bigger stuff that is D&D specific - Owlbears and so on.

The Mummy for instance made its debut in the last story hour in the tomb of Ramenthrok. It was a reaper figure that I took off the base, repositioned and put on a piece of Hirst Arts base.

Thanks for your kind comments - thanks to everyone checking out the story!

pogre

Legend
Episode 06
Hunting Half-orc

The adventurers continued on their journey eventually reaching the great northern city of Norgate. The trading city was bustling with folks of all types and the group settled at a comfortable tavern of the middling sort.

“Well, look who made it down for a meal,” Xerk commented

Gerhardt was walking slowly across the common room to the adventurers’ table. “I may be a lot of things, but late to breakfast is not one of them.”

Laughter rose from the table.

“Breakfast for you, but midmeal for the rest of us,” Hilde teased.

“My head is just pounding. I must have been really drunk,” Gerhardt noted.

“Aye,” Gjord affirmed. “One should not get into a drinking contest with a dwarf and a half-orc.”

“You jest,” Gerhardt stated with a challenging tone in his voice.

“You wish,” Xerk answered. “He speaks the truth Gerhardt. However, you may take solace in the fact neither the dwarf or half-orc has come down yet.”

Inga strode over to the table. “That’s because they are both gone. I fear Skully has gone to hunt that marauding troll.”

“What troll?” Gerhardt asked.

“The one the merchant from Havern spoke of,” Xerk stated.

“Er, I cannot remember,” Gerhardt said sheepishly.

“Not surprising,” Xerk continued. “Last night the merchant told us a troll had been ambushing caravans and coaches coming down the old northwest road. He claimed it must have quite a stash.”

Inga spoke again, “Skully cannot handle a Troll. It will kill him. We must follow him before he confronts it.”

“That half-orc is a rough one,” Gerhardt commented. “If any of us can handle a troll it’s him.”

“You must not have ever seen a troll,” Inga said impatiently. “In the north they hunt the hills. When they find a settlement they attack. They rip people to pieces and even if you do strike them their wounds close.”

“We should go,” Gjord agreed.

“I wish we had more time in the temple,” Hilde said to Inga.

“I fear my conversion to Opheria may be one reason Skullringer has left by himself. If he is hurt or killed I would feel so responsible,” Inga answered.

“Very well child,” Hilde said. “You must know Skullringer is on a different path than you. This is the new way of your Saga. We will go for the sake of your conscience.”

“Thank you sister,” Inga replied. “We must go now. He will be moving very quickly and we have to trail him.”

“Where’s the dwarf?” Gjord asked.

The midmeal came to their table on heaping platters carried by a young maid. “I don’t think you will see the dwarf anytime soon. He left here last night with some rather unsavory fellows.”

“What timing,” Inga complained. “We need to go.”

“I would feel better with a specialist in the way of stealth,” Gjord stated.

“We need a thief, I agree,” Gerhardt answered.

A slightly built elf walked over to the table. “Excuse me, my name is Quarion, and I think I may be able to help.”

“We need a specialist in shadowing and stealth,” Gjord stated.

“Yes, I know. I overheard your conversation. What is it you offer in return?” Quarion asked.

“A fair share in any booty,” Gjord answered.

“Well, I am willing,” Quarion stated flatly.

“Great,” Gerhardt commented. “Lose a stuntie, gain a tree-hugger.”

…..

Gjord quickly picked up the half-orc’s trail heading northwest. There was no question Skullringer was moving quickly, although he had stopped to hunt twice. Gjord stopped the group as he spotted some sort of huge bear eating a corpse on the trail ahead.

“This may be a damn short trip,” Gerhardt commented softly.

“Shut up,” Inga replied harshly.

Gjord turned around desperately with his index finger to his lips. Gerhardt smiled. Inga glared at the fighter and then nodded to the ranger. Gjord made a motion to indicate he was going into the deeper woods to try and approach the bear. He moved into the underbrush, but returned quickly. “We’re upwind of it. The bear will smell us shortly, even with his snout buried in that carcass. I cannot get much closer undetected.”

“What’s it eating?” Inga asked.

“I could not tell,” Gjord answered.

“Well, there is only one way to find out what the carcass is and that’s to scare him off of it,” Quarion stated. The elf quickly notched an arrow and fired. The arrow skimmed the beast’s back and it turned and rose on its hindlegs.

“An owlbear!” Gjord yelled what was now obvious to all.

The beast made a lumbering sprint at the elf. Inga moved up to meet it.

The owlbear loosed two mighty clawed limbs at Inga striking her hard across the torso. The northern woman gasped at the force of the blows. Gerhardt avoided the owlbear’s taloned arms and positioned himself behind the monster.

Inga landed a heavy blow knocking the bear back a bit. The owlbear paused as though surprised a small female being could bring it so much pain. It tore at Inga with a renewed vengeance. Both claws hit her and the bird-bruin pulled her in for a sharp bite from its beak. Inga fell limply from the owlbear’s grasp.

Hilde rushed up and healed the new acolyte before the life rushed from her. Inga’s eyes fluttered open and she jumped back to the fight.

The owlbear seemed confused by Inga’s return and slapped ineffectively at her. Gerhardt’s efforts were making deep wounds in the beast’s back, but it ignored his assault.

Inga howled with primordial passion and sent her weapon crashing into the owlbear’s side. She twisted the blade up, screaming the entire time. As the owlbear fell forward, Inga dodged to one side and brought the blade down again on its neck.

The group stared at Inga in awe.

“Save some of that for the troll,” Gerhardt commented.

Gjord was already inspecting what the owlbear had been feasting on. “It’s not humanoid. Looks like a pretty good-sized deer. Possibly Skullringer’s leftovers.”

Inga sighed in relief.

“If he paused to hunt,” Gjord continued, “we may have a chance to catch up with him.”

“Let’s go then,” Hilde stated.

…..

The next day in the mid afternoon Gjord stopped the party. “There’s a camp ahead,” he whispered back to the group.

“Skullringer?” Inga asked expectantly.

“Doubtful,” Gjord answered. “They have a big fire going. They’re in no hurry.”

“Hey, there’s a woman,” Gerhardt said. “I’m going to ask if she’s seen my ugly friend.”

“Wait,” Hilde commanded.

Gerhardt went ahead and called out to the woman.

“Excuse me. We’re looking for a friend. He’s a great big half-orc that carries a huge club and …”

The woman screamed loudly and dropped some wood she was carrying. She turned from the party and ran into the woods.

“Nice going Gerhardt!” Hilde reprimanded.

“I’d say she saw him,” Gerhardt stated with a smile.

Xerk worked his way to the front of the group. Moving into the clearing he called out to the woman,” Please we need to ask you a few questions. We intend you no harm I swear it.” The cleric pitched his sword down symbolically. “Please speak to me.”

The woman poked her head out from behind a birch tree.

“Go away!” she shouted at Xerk.

“I will very soon madam,” he answered. “I just need to know if you have seen the half-orc we are tracking?”

“Seen him?” she screamed hysterically. “He killed my husband!” She fell to her knees dissolving into sobs.

To be continued…

Last edited:

LuYangShih

First Post
What happened to Skullringer and Nanjuk, in a metagame sense? Did the players get tired of them and trade them in, or has something else happened?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Yes, pogre, tell us! Is Skully now merely an NPC, and is Nanjuk's player now running a tree-hugger?

I like Skully--but it sounds like he may be in a heap o' trouble.:eek:

pogre

Legend
Skully is still with us as a PC;)

Nanjuk's player is out of the group. Great guy, just no chemistry with the group - amicable parting.

Quarion the Elf is a new player altogether.

Remove ads