Pogre's Story Hour - with Pics of Minis & Scenery (Final Update)

pogre

Legend
I'll take part of the blame - I put them in a situation where a head on assault was obviously suicide. To their credit, they put together a plan carefully coordinating their roles and defining their actions and goals. They then proceeded to ignore their own plan.

The situation revolved around scouting a hill giant camp and trying to discover who was behind their actions. All PCs died via Dire Wolves and a Hill Giant.

pogre

Legend
Buttercup said:
Bummer.

So you might as well tell us what happened to Shannon....

Hi Buttercup!

Bummer indeed! I did not expect to be so depressed, but I think I took it harder than the players. They all reassured me that the game was fun - it was just one of those things. As a fellow DM, you know what a pall an unexpected PC death can cast on a session - the TPK seemed much worse than that.

That and the fact I had the next three weeks of adventures mapped out and mostly ready to go :(

Oh well...

Shannon found Scapa and they tracked down the rest of the party in the Northern provinces. Just in time - to be killed with the rest.

*Shannon's player and Scapa warned me ahead of time that it would be tough for them to make it this Summer due to a number of reasons. If it seemed strange at times, it was due to their coming and going.

hwoolsey

First Post
You mean you aren't going to tell the story of our deaths in all their glory? Quint would have sung the song for us :(

Hank (Johann in Pogre's Story Hour)

pogre

Legend
hwoolsey said:
You mean you aren't going to tell the story of our deaths in all their glory? Quint would have sung the song for us :(

Hank (Johann in Pogre's Story Hour)

Ah, no. Working on the new campaign instead.

pogre

Legend
I'm painting like mad for the new campaign. I'm using a published adventure to jump start the campaign and I am reworking the Olde Realm a bit.

We still could use a couple more players. If you are anywhere near Champaign and would like to play send me an e-mail
pogueclan(at)yahoo.com.

The least you would get out of it is a decently painted fig:)

Hope to see you all at GenCon!

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Sorry to see it go... But if you gotta go, might as well go with a bang.

I have found from experience that Giants are seriously under-rated for CR. They can kill in just a shot or two.

Hey, send me a little more feedback on Quint's unfortunate run-in with Grim Tales-style spellcasting. Was it really just bad luck?

Wulf

hwoolsey

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I have found from experience that Giants are seriously under-rated for CR. They can kill in just a shot or two.

Gotta agree with you on that one :eek: .

Hey, send me a little more feedback on Quint's unfortunate run-in with Grim Tales-style spellcasting. Was it really just bad luck?

As a player witnessing the debacle, it was a combination of several things:

1. Quint rolled, if I recall correctly, 4 1s in a row, with several other failures after that.

2. We were also using the rules for Bridget at that time, who lost several attribute points, even when she made the check to reduce.

3. We switched to Grim Tales rules mid-stream. None of our casters were built with those rules in mind.

4. We were healing temp att loss incorrectly - we were treating it as drained and healing 1 point per day. Pogre corrected us to 1 point per hour. That would have made a huge difference.

Hank (Johann)

Remove ads