• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Points of Light Clone] Tweaking the Races

C4

Explorer
I think I'd be more inclined to play a drow with that kind of mirror-darkly reflection. I certainly wouldn't miss the Shadar'kai, though I think there's still room for them somewhere.
Glad you like the dark-mirror-drow concept! That's not to say that there can't be drow in the underdark too, or that there can't be shadar-kai in the shadowfell. (I won't be officially including s-k in PoL, but a DM could port them over from 4e if he/she were inclined.)

Any chance of seeing Dark Ones written up as anti-gnomes.
I've got plenty to do, so not likely. There's always the chance I'll get inspired to do the dark ones, but if I do decide to do a true underdark race for PoL it'll probably be the duergar. I like doing races in pairs.

I'm not sure what exactly is in the Shadowdark (Underdark of the Shadowfell).
The Underdark book mentions that the shadowdark is such a morose place that pretty much nothing lives there but undead. Everyone else who gets stuck there usually kill themselves, if nothing else kills them first.

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
Which setting would you like genasi to be unassociated with? Planescape, FR or another?
I was referencing how they appear in 4th edition, from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. Personally, I prefer them flavored simply as humans whose bloodline has been infused generations ago with elemental energy.

C4

Explorer
I was referencing how they appear in 4th edition, from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. Personally, I prefer them flavored simply as humans whose bloodline has been infused generations ago with elemental energy.
Well for what it's worth, that's exactly what genasi were originally, before FR hijacked them.

In fact, I wasn't even aware that they have different fluff in FR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads