Polearm Build - Help

Stalker0

Legend
The best class for a reach weapon? The knight, hands down.

His 3rd level ability bulwark of defense is the key. You run up to an opponent and hit him with your reach weapon. Now, he takes a 5 foot step on his turn to attack you. EXCEPT!!! Bulwark of defense means he cannot take a 5 foot step, he has to take a 5 foot move to get to you. That provokes an AOO. Not only that, he only gets one attack against you.

On your turn, you take a 5 foot step back and full attack. Rinse and repeat.

pawsplay

Hero
Bloodweaver1 said:
I was thinking of holding off on getting a magical weapon as the kensai PrC creates one. I was thinking of making the weapon out of a special material, but I do not forsee that being an issure in this game. Mitheral armor would be good considering the high dex (I was considering breast plate) and I guess a amulet or ring of protection would be a good idea considering the lack of a shield. The party has a full cleric so I think a wand will not be necessary, so the cloak should work. Any other ideas?

-Blood

You might as well get a magic weapon you like, if you can, and upgrade it after kensai-ing, unless you like lagging behind in firepower. If you choose a weapon that's not available for looting or purchase, it's a moot point, in which case, I would choose cold iron masterwork.

Remove ads