• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll: Best superhero flick?

What is the best superhero flick of all time?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Incredibles

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Spiderman

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • X Men

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Spiderman 2

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • X Men 2

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Superman

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Batman

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Unbreakable

Votes: 7 4.0%

Firebeetle said:
I feel this list is incomple though. I would add.

Superman I, another watershed movie.
Ahem. That movie's actually not missing from the list. Look again.
Firebeetle said:
Blade I, an excellent film
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, go ahead and groan, As a fan of the comics, I have to say the original movie was very true to the storyline. Too bad they didn't make April black though.
Yeah, but not traditional superhero movies either. I can see leaving both of them off, especially TMNT, because they really aren't the same genre.

buzzard

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Yeah, but not traditional superhero movies either. I can see leaving both of them off, especially TMNT, because they really aren't the same genre.

Well heck, I certainly wouldn't call Unbreakable a traditional superhero movie and it appears to have five votes ennumerated in the 'Other' category. While I did like Unbreakable, I neither consider it a superhero movie, nor do I consider it to be as good by my measure as some of the others on this list.

buzzard

buzzard said:
Well heck, I certainly wouldn't call Unbreakable a traditional superhero movie and it appears to have five votes ennumerated in the 'Other' category. While I did like Unbreakable, I neither consider it a superhero movie, nor do I consider it to be as good by my measure as some of the others on this list.
Me neither, but I can at least see why folks are considering that one. I think Blade, while good and yes, based on a comic book, isn't really a "superhero" of the type you think of when you hear the word, and the tone and trappings of the movie are more gothic horror combined with a super-soldier. TNMT is a parody, combined with 80s silliness vis-a-vis ninjas and whatnot.

Personally I wouldn't call either of them part of the "superhero" genre, while Unbreakable at least is kinda a twist and new look at the Superhero genre from another angle.

spatha

First Post
Spiderman.
The first time you see him swinging across the screen in costume was......orgasmic(for lack of a better description).

Remove ads