D&D 4E Poll: Eberron 4E roll-call

Eberron and 4E: have you and will you use it?

• Yes, I use/have used the Eberron campaign setting in 3.x, and I plan to continue using it in 4E.

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Yes, I use/have used the Eberron game in 3.x, but I don't plan to run it in 4E just yet.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • No, I do not use/have not used the Eberron campaign setting in 3.x, but I might in 4E

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • No, I do not/have not used the Eberron campaign setting, and have no plans to do so.

Votes: 30 23.3%

• Poll closed .
Late to the party here myself. My bro bought the Eberron book, but never used it, and I've just found it and been reading it, and it's quite interesting. I'm not sure I'll use it for 3.5E before 4E comes out, but I may well be interested in the 4E version, particularly if the 4E FR isn't all it could be.

Part of it depends on how the "spin" it in 4E. If they keep the "swashbuckling dark adventure" feel, and maybe the "Dragonpunk" feel (which it definately has, with it's quasi-full-coversion cyborgs, magical tattoos, grafts, spired cities, etc. etc.), then cool, indeed I could live with a fair bit more "Dragonpunk". If, however, they make it even more psychotically obsessed with slightly dull politics of Khorvaire and the very dull "giant magitech thingies", then feh...

Still, could be good.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I've stolen the bits that have showed up elsewhere (like Warforged from MM3).

I'd consider trying Eberron in 4e, assuming my homebrew game is done by next May.

Cheers, -- N

I love Eberron. I've used in 3.5 (though not as my only setting by any means), and I expect to continue in 4 (though again, not as my only setting, by any means).

I go through moods. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying Eberron one campaign, then going for a grim-n-gritty/points-of-light/Necromancer Games-style of play in the next.

Mercule

Adventurer
I'm mostly a home-brew guy. That said, I've adopted Eberron as my world for when I don't want to do the world building thing. Unless they add something else in 4E that better grabs my attention, I don't see that changing.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I love Eberron and will continue to use it - but, as others have said, it's not the only kind of campaign setting I'm interested in using, and if nothing else my first Fourth Edition game will be a homebrew I'm calling Exile, and building piecemeal as the details of Fourth Edition are revealed.

TwinBahamut

First Post
I like Eberron, and will most likely get the 4E Eberron book. Whether or not I will play in it is up to the whims of fate, I guess.

I must admit to being somewhat skeptical about the two-year time jump and any setting alterations, though. It just bothers me. It is probably the one thing I don't like about 4E so far.

However, it seems WotC is annoyingly dead-set on having a time jump, so I will have to wait and see how things turn out.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
TwinBahamut said:
However, it seems WotC is annoyingly dead-set on having a time jump, so I will have to wait and see how things turn out.
Well, after reading James Wyatt's comment about it, I'm not worried at all. Keith and James have a very good grasp on the essence of the setting, and a minimal metaplot is better than a jarring retcon. Unless it's a Time of Troubles. But I don't think they're doing something like that.

Cheers, LT.

Li Shenron

Legend
Well, I suppose you can continue using the fluff in the campaign setting book, but you're unlikely to be able to use the mechanics, including the races and classes.

And there will certainly be a 4e campaign setting book for Eberron, with the same fluff but with new mechanics.

shilsen

Adventurer
I voted for the first choice, but what I specifically plan to do is continue running my 3.5e Eberron game when 4e comes out, and cannibalize certain parts from 4e. I may switch to 4e later, if I find it worthwhile, but will probably continue to run an Eberron game.

Remove ads