• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E (Poll for those buying 4ed only!) How old are you?

If buying 4e, how old are you?

• 12 or under

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 13-19

Votes: 19 3.0%
  • 20-29

Votes: 236 37.7%
  • 30-39

Votes: 282 45.0%
  • 40-49

Votes: 80 12.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 1.0%

Transit

First Post
I suspect that a poll of the age of the people who are "buying" 4ed may skew older since those darn younguns might be more likely to get the books "off the internets" rather than spend the cash on dead-tree versions.

Andur

First Post
The 12 and under category should be not be a choice, they don't buy anything, they just get their parents to buy them stuff...

MintMMs

First Post
I got my first boxed D&D set for my 14th birthday.

I'm 43 now, married with 5 kids and picking up my books at my FLGS next week!

Stomphoof

First Post
I started with the Undermountain 2nd Ed Boxed Set. I bought it cause it had a cool map and it was what I could get with the store credit from my traded in Magic the Gathering Cards.

I was like 14ish.

26 years old now, and I DM :p I got my Gift Box on Preorder via Amazon as of today! :D

Mercurius

Legend
Well I included the 12 and under to be comprehensive--certainly there are some 10-12 year olds trolling this forum ;-)

I've always been interested in the demographics of gamers (I'm 34, btw). It seems that there are general patterns that most (but not all) follow: get into the game sometime in childhood, get out sometime in late college/post-college years due to emphasis on grad school, career, family, social life, etc; some, maybe half, never return, half return in late 20s or early 30s when life stabilizes some.

I am always surprised at how, it seems, such a large portion of gamers are in their 30s and 40s--people (like myself) that got into gaming in the early years--late 70s and early 80s--and never got out, or came back. There are, of course, new gamers that "join the club," but it seems the bulk remains those 25-50, who started in the pre-White Wolf Era.

Remove ads