• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E (Poll for those buying 4ed only!) How old are you?

If buying 4e, how old are you?

• 12 or under

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 13-19

Votes: 19 3.0%
  • 20-29

Votes: 236 37.7%
  • 30-39

Votes: 282 45.0%
  • 40-49

Votes: 80 12.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 1.0%

Mercutio01

First Post
29, just barely skipped out of that next larger setting.

I started in 1990 with AD&D in the Boy Scouts, and then played 2E in high school. Switched to 3E in college, then 3.5 when it came out.

Vorhaart

First Post
I, at 30, am the youngest player in a group where most are in their mid-30's. I started back in the mid-80's with the Red Box (precocious little scamp that I was), and played pretty much every edition up until now.

I'm guessing the actual numbers will be skewed towards an older, 25-and-up demographic as the core audience for 4th. A lot of players born after 1990 or so likely gravitate more towards MMO's than pen-and-paper RPG's simply out of convenience and familiarity, leaving the average age to climb steadily as time goes on.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
35. I started playing at the age of 11 in 1984.

I agree that in order for the hobby to survive, we really need younger blood. MMOs are evil and I don't enjoy them.

Stormhound

Explorer
44, started playing in '79 with the Basic Set, and have played most of the incarnations (3.5 being the exception), along with a variety of other games. Or GMed, I should say...I enjoy running a lot more than playing.

Jack Colby

First Post
I'm 33. I started with AD&D, moved to 2nd edition, moved to 3rd edition, never bought 3.5 products, and gave up on 3E. Have played a smattering of pre-3E versions in the meantime, and am loving 4E so far.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
35 at present, been playing for 26 years or so. :)

The people in my roleplaying group range from 21-41. :)

Cheers!

That One Guy

First Post
22! Booyah! Tipping the scales against mmos! I'll be getting some fresh blood in the college age to play 4e. My pre-4e group is all about the same age as I am, none younger than 20. Sooo.... add a mystical +5 to the 20-29s?

History of players... Me... my older brother taught me some AD&D concepts before 3rd came out and he taught me that as well. Most of my players have played WoW (I hear few comparisons... in fact I cannot recall any off the top of my head), and at least one other table top game before (be it white wolf or AD&D-3.x).

caudor

Adventurer
I'm 45. Been playing since I was in High School...don't remember the exact year (probably 79 or 80).

My friend came running down the hall--excited and exclaimed (unashamedly, I might add): "I killed a giant tick!"

I had to see what this whole thing was about. From then on, I was hooked. I've enjoyed many years of play since. I've embraced every edition since, and 4e is no exception.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads