Poll - For those who Played - How was it?

How would you rate 4e from your experiences at DDXP?

• 1. I really didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 2. I didn't like it.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 3. Neutral

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 4. I liked it.

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • 5. I really liked it.

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 6. I wasn't there, but I like to vote in polls.

Votes: 228 79.4%

AZRogue

First Post
Roland55 said:
Oddly enough, doesn't look like it. By far, the folks who didn't go seem to have taken my route and honestly voted 6.

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised. I think maybe most people would like as accurate a reflection of the playtesters' opinions as I would, which is fantastic. :)

Hussar

Legend
Well, it's a pretty small sample, but, it looks like people did like it. For what it's worth. I would be interested in seeing the 9 who really didn't like it chiming in with why.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I voted I liked it. I probably would have went for really liked it, but the DM I had was a potato head. I mean a serious potato head. I'd go into more detail, but I don't want him reading this and feeling bad and stuff.

Anyway, the adventure that we ran (Escape from Sembia) was pretty much set up as a test drive combat sort of thing. There wasn't a lot of roleplaying, but we did plenty of roll playing. I can see why people feel that this its more of a tactical wargame, but the way it played was a lot of fun and yes if felt like D&D.

My biggest gripe was the actual power level of the monsters we faced. The encounter with the undead on the cliff was ridiculous. Granted, my group was far from winning any sort of tactical acclaim, but we did roll VERY poorly and we just got wrecked.

I'm working on a really lengthy review for my blog that should be posted in a few days if anyone is interested.

AZRogue

First Post
Hussar said:
Well, it's a pretty small sample, but, it looks like people did like it. For what it's worth. I would be interested in seeing the 9 who really didn't like it chiming in with why.

I'd enjoy that too. I know Mike didn't enjoy it, and said that he voted a #2 (thanks for posting, by the way, Mike). Hopefully they do. It would be informative for those trying to get all the info they can on how the system plays.

Remove ads