• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll - For those who Played - How was it?

How would you rate 4e from your experiences at DDXP?

• 1. I really didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 2. I didn't like it.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 3. Neutral

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 4. I liked it.

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • 5. I really liked it.

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 6. I wasn't there, but I like to vote in polls.

Votes: 228 79.4%

LEHaskell

First Post
Hussar said:
Y'know, I REALLY should have put a sixth option so I don't have to click on the "see poll results" each time. That's annoying. I suck at polls.

You forgot the "I wasn't there and I don't vote in polls" option. ;-)

Badkarmaboy

First Post
I give it a 5 as a player. I played 4 rounds of the delve and had a blast (none of my judges were Mike Mearles or Andy Collins either ;) )

I also ran 4 rounds of LFR (2 Escape from Sembia and 2 Scalegloom Hall). Neither was designed as an RP love-fest as Dave (wavester) so aptly described. They were designed to let folks experience mechanics. That being said, I still had folks RP their pregens wonderfully-especially in the Skill Challenge. How I love the skill challenge mechanics! Sorry.

I realize this was a poll for players, but I alsoI give 4E a 5 as a DM. I spend most of my time behind the screen and I love love what the designers were able to accomplish in terms of making my job easier and, dare I say, more fun.

My two cents.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
davethegame said:
If Mike Mearls were included with every DMG, it would easily bump up to a 5.

I just had this hilarious image of opening up a refrigerator-sized box from Amazon.com. Mike Mearls pops out, hands me my DMG, then asks if I have anything to drink while my wife looks on with a shocked expression on her face. :p

Vayden

First Post
Nooo, a Mearls plushie will not do. I demand an actual Mike Mearls with my DMG, delivered in a box with air-holes in it! I promise to be very responsible in the feeding and care of my Mearls - I will clean his giant hamster cage regularly, and make sure he always has fresh beer and pizza.

Xath

Moder-gator
wavester said:
and I believe you were the small female enworld person (ask anybody - I suck at names really bad) who asked me for copies of events at the show and I apologize if I was a little short or snippy with you. I was in the middle of dealing with a really bad situation that had me very distracted and when I turned again you were gone. I am not currently allowed to release those but if that days comes by all means contact me and we'll hook you up.

:) That was me. Didn't notice any snippiness, and thanks for all of your help at the con.

As for the OT, I voted a 5. (within context). I realize that I didn't really get to explore the RP aspects of the game, and that it's still under revision. However, the mechanics seemed really smooth, and I had a blast. As a player, I don't think the switch of system would really matter to me. As a GM, I positively can't wait for the new system to come out. Compiled with the ease that it seems you will be able to plan encounters, the DDI tools have me in a tizzy.

I'll withhold my final judgment until I see the final product, but I've now crossed the fence over to the optimistic and excited crowd.

Roland55

First Post
AZRogue said:
Haha, this is so going to be full of votes from people who weren't even there.

The people who were there should post and state their vote, so we can have an accurate count. Otherwise we will magically have 500 people who somehow were on the message board this weekend and at the event voting.

Oddly enough, doesn't look like it. By far, the folks who didn't go seem to have taken my route and honestly voted 6.

Hussar

Legend
wavester said:
The guy who's had about 20 hours of sleep since last Tuesday (ya about 3-4 hours a night), more beers then I even want to count, a large man from Paizo sleeping on my couch, I'm sick, my leg hurts from having it humped one billion times this week from people wanting either 4th edition information or think I have the magical 'NDA of 4th edition creation' wand (my great standard answer - 'ya the playtest rocks and no you can't be in my group'), and I've not seen my kids in almost a week (still at work and oh so close to going home to see them) and missing them really really bad right now.

So ya don't remember the tall blonde woman :confused:

ROTFLMAO. Now that made me giggle.

Again, appologies for sucking at poll making. Piratecat - you are indeed my huckleberry. :)

Remove ads