Poll - For those who Played - How was it?

How would you rate 4e from your experiences at DDXP?

• 1. I really didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 2. I didn't like it.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 3. Neutral

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 4. I liked it.

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • 5. I really liked it.

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 6. I wasn't there, but I like to vote in polls.

Votes: 228 79.4%

Aristotle

First Post
I voted 4. I still have some issues with the design philosophies, and I think they will stay issues for me when running the game. From a perspective of play... I had a good time. I see some real potential for some of the new mechanics.

It was very fun. So far, I am a big fan. I voted 4 because, while I "really liked" the things I got to play in, I won't have a firm opinion until I've seen everything eles 4e has to offer.

However... maybe part of the "really liking" it was that all 5 delves I played in were run by Andy Collins or Chris Perkins. :D

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Really liked: judged as a test of a new system with 1st level charecters with people who hadn't played it before. And becuase I took an option that I didn't nec. think I would like, and liked. If I did a con game next year with it, my expectations would be different. And it should go without saying that my expectations for the system as a whole will be different.

From some of the posts I am seeing here (not this thread, but othes), people are playing the "they didn't meet my unrealistic expectations" game. Maybe WotC's own hype is partially to blame.

And of course, 3.5 is a good game, especially at lower and mid levels. We won't be able to judge fully until we see the whole system, and play it for a while. But right now: thumbs up!

AZRogue

First Post
Well, what do you know. A lot of people voted the "no vote" option to keep the poll "clean". That's very surprising, and encouraging. Maybe people want as close to an accurate poll as we can get, like me. :)

davethegame

Explorer
#4. Love the ideas behind it and had a blast with most of the games, but there were some annoying bits in the implementation.

If Mike Mearls were included with every DMG, it would easily bump up to a 5.

Remove ads