• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Poll: Is it rude for a sidelined player to leave the session?

If a player is sidelined with nothing to do for an extended period, is it rude for him or her to lea

Ninja-radish

First Post
I voted "Depends". I would say it's only rude if the character in question was supposed to be sidelined for just a brief time. If the character is likely to be sidelined for an extended period of time, then why shouldn't the player go see a movie with his girlfriend?

jasper

Rotten DM
Rude would be sitting beside the DM sticking a wet finger in his ear and saying singing"Bored Players do the wildest things, The wildest things! The craziest things! Bored Players do the Darndest things you ever did see! Don't leave them alone in your kitchen! Don't shut them behind a door! Bored players do the nuttiest things! don't leave them to be bored No More!"

Players are like small children! Do NOT ever let them get bored and lose in your house!

Give the player something fun to do.

So far, this year, by sidelining a player for hours. My lawn is mowed. The floors in all but the game room have been stripped and varnished. All my neighbors love the free oil change service. And my wife has a silly grin on her face.
Last year the crop of variant evil 5 leafed weed did well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads