• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll of Polls

What is your relationship with polls, particularly ones about D&D?

mearls

Hero
I've noticed a lot of polls here on EN World, along with a lot of interest in said polls. As part of WotC R&D's research into games, I'd like to get a feel for whether this is simply a blip on the radar or true trend in gamer interest.

Thanks!

Imaro

Legend
I've noticed a lot of polls here on EN World, along with a lot of interest in said polls. As part of WotC R&D's research into games, I'd like to get a feel for whether this is simply a blip on the radar or true trend in gamer interest.

Thanks!

Is this suppose to be funny, because it doesn't have the "humor" tag on it.

Is there a point to this poll? Like maybe the fact that the polls are bringing out and giving a place to be heard for some pretty negative feelings towards WotC, 4e, it's marketing and it's design ... and it's easier to mock these polls and try to create the view that they are silly rather than actually address what is being brought up in many of their threads? Or maybe it's just a joke.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Is this suppose to be funny, because it doesn't have the "humor" tag on it.

Is there a point to this poll? Like maybe the fact that the polls are bringing out and giving a place to be heard for some pretty negative feelings towards WotC, 4e, it's marketing and it's design ... and it's easier to mock these polls and try to create the view that they are silly rather than actually address what is being brought up in many of their threads? Or maybe it's just a joke.

Lighten up, Francis!:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k]YouTube - Lighten Up Francis[/ame]

Mad Mac

First Post
I do note this thread is tagged as "very serious" so obviously a plot for world domination is involved somehow, and anyone laughing at it is a sick human being. Or not.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how many votes Diaglo gets.

I do note this thread is tagged as "very serious" so obviously a plot for world domination is involved somehow, and anyone laughing at it is a sick human being. Or not.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how many votes Diaglo gets.
I was tempted to vote for Diaglo, but the logician in me just had to go with the first option, it was too antitautologically fun!

People are intrested in polls because Editions Wars share something with Gang Wars... It's largly a battle of attrition, i.e. how many people like/dislike a certain Edition. By voting in/creating a poll, they hope to show that a large group of people share the same opinion on a subject that they do.

Another factor is that people are unsure of how to communicate their desires to WOTC. For example, if I wanted WOTC to publish an offical paragon path for Warforged Ninja/Bards how would I go about making my desire a reality? I really don't have a good idea how to do so. I could post a topic on it here or the WOTC boards, make a blog entry about it, e-mail WOTC directly, etc. However, which method of action would be the most worth while?

Remove ads