[poll] OOC/DM points

Should we have OOC points, if so how?

Graf

Explorer
I think I'm going to add "ignores NO votes" to my list of objections to the poll-based voting process.
So... in a hypothetical world where you had absolute power...how would you "not ignore" the four votes for "judges get something?"

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
I voted for points being awarded for DMing and for character time in game. Spending points- I'm cool with spending on any of those options. Limits- I think we don't need an outside limit like that if we are responsible with the amounts which can be awarded in the first place.

Graf

Explorer
It's facinating attempting to have a conversation with you, since you read about one post in three.

Gold and wealth are addressed in another poll, as well as above.

I understand you have a deep deep background in 3.x and an intense focus on transfering your experiences from LEW to L4W. But there are some differences that you should, at least, consider.

The point has be made, repeatedly, that 4e strongly discourages "gp balancing". That's why, when you convert from magic items to gold the ratio is only 1/5th.

Allowing someone to buy a magic item with limits might be OK. Allowing someone to take a first level character, pool all their gold and buy a +5 magic item is more problematic. And, anyway, we've rejected purchasing of magic items, "backdooring in acquistion of magic items through gp" seems like a spectacularly dishonest thing to do.

If you want to try to suggest a gold-system that takes into account the existing polls (can't buy magic items, can only spend gold on equipment) and the fact that this is 4th edition and not 3rd edition?

I'm sure we can poll it. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
It still wasn't a part of the poll, and it should have been, even if it has been shot down. I think you need to simplify your polls just a bit, as they cover too much at times, which can be very confusing. Just a suggestion :)

Edit: I also hadn't gotten to the economics thread yet, since that one was new and I hadn't posted in it yet :eek:

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Ok guys, let's keep this friendly, shall we?

Bront, I brought up points for GP earlier, and didn't really get any backup, so I let it drop. I admit I don't understand the item balancing in 4e as well as I did in 3.5, and waiting for a while before revisiting the idea of points for items/gold certainly won't break anything, so I'm happy defer thinking about it again until we've all got a few months experience with 4e in a living world setting.

Graf

Explorer
You've simultanously suggested that I simplify the polls AND add more options...
isn't that contradictory?

I would love to drop the to conversation. Once you've played a bit you'll hopefully see my point that given the votes we've got there's nothing left to buy (except maybe ritual components)...

Remove ads