[Poll] Vote For The Top 10 Horror RPGs!

Just for Halloween fun, I've gone to the Wikipedia list of horror roleplaying games and made a poll to see what the top 10 most popular are. If your choice isn't on this list, post in the thread and I'll add it. You may select multiple games. I've tried to include RPGs, but not settings for RPGs (though that would also be a fun poll). Votes are hidden -- I'll reveal them in dramatic fashion later! Voting closes Sunday midnight. I'll reveal the results first on next week's podcast, and then post them here.

Just for Halloween fun, I've gone to the Wikipedia list of horror roleplaying games and made a poll to see what the top 10 most popular are. If your choice isn't on this list, post in the thread and I'll add it. You may select multiple games. I've tried to include RPGs, but not settings for RPGs (though that would also be a fun poll). Votes are hidden -- I'll reveal them in dramatic fashion later! Voting closes Sunday midnight. I'll reveal the results first on next week's podcast, and then post them here.

horror-theme-ra10.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sad about the lack of Don't Rest Your Head, from Evil Hat.

How sad?

Added, as requested.

To remind folks -- I just copied the list on Wikipedia of horror RPGs and added new ones as people requested them. If your favourite isn't there, just request it and I'll add it.

Eclipse Phase, Conspiracy X, Amber... should be on this list.
Amber? Really?!

You could make a case for both Eclipse Phase or Conspiracy X, although I think of the former more in sci-fi terms.

I think there could be tonnes of horror rpgs out there - anybody remember Zero from Lester Smith? - but the most contentious thing on this list in my view is that all the World of Darkness games are condensed into a single entree. That's like 20 seperate games or so, quite distinct in some cases and hugely successful in some others, rolled into a single entree!

Last edited by a moderator:

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players

Related Articles

Remove ads

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads