Votes: 7 5.4%
  • levels 16 and up

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 6 4.6%

mirzabah

First Post
hong said:
Whatever substantive content the term "munchkin" may once have had is now almost completely overshadowed by its derogatory overtones. There's no point in using it in a discussion as far as I can tell. There's certainly no point in using it in an online discussion, where everybody + dog has their own definition of "munchkin" and nobody can agree on which one to use. The only thing that's guaranteed to happen is that the people you're disagreeing with feel that the term is supposed to apply to them, and so feel insulted.
I'd go further and say that the term never had any substantive content. It's always been one of those arbitrary epithets people use to describe whatever happens to be wedged in their arse at the time. This is perfectly understandable as far as it goes and I don't have a problem with it. It's when people start trying to justify their use of the expression that the words "sad" and "loser" inexplicably start making their presence felt in my brain.
The fact that threads about munchkinism usually degenerate into name-calling after about the 3rd page would seem to give the lie to your hypothesis.
3rd page? You must either frequent some really sedate forums, or have your posts-per-page set to "1" ;)

Last edited:

SonOfLilith

First Post
I'd have to say 5th or 6th. If your a mage, you can finally cast fireball and lightning bolt, and start dishing out some serious damage. As a fighter, you finally get that second attack that makes you oh so sexy in combat.

Remove ads