[POLL] Which Xanathar's Guide Cover Do You Prefer?

I think it's awesome. It really pops out at you. IMHO it's better than JACP (Just Another Cover Pic).

I think it's awesome. It really pops out at you. IMHO it's better than JACP (Just Another Cover Pic).

Charlaquin1

First Post
I like the special edition cover better in isolation, but the standard is a better stylistic fit with other covers this Edition. So it’s the one I’m getting. Cohesion between cover styles is more important to me than individual flare from one cover to the next.

SpellJammer16

Apprentice of the Seventh Circle of Mystery
I like the standard cover. But I also like the limited covers... They look more "in-universe" and can go right in my treasure room ;)

I like both, but for reasons of consistency alone, I'll go for the standard one. If they had offered limited edition covers like that right from the start, that might have been different.

guachi

Hero
I saw a picture of the back and front cover of the regular edition as one picture - no text, just the picture. It looked much better.

Despite nobody wanting the varient cover, I can't find one in my city. :p

I was hoping for a special edition cover to match my Volo's, but apparently they really cut back on the number available since the stores around here only got a few each that went to those who had reserved them. I'm not really annoyed though, since the regular version with the Xanathar goofily grinning at its pet goldfish is a really fun cover!

McDeath

Explorer
I like the standard cover. They could have used the alternate as a cover page in the book. That utilizes both pieces if art. I'd say use alternate for back cover but itd be covered with words, price, barcodes, etc.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I haven't liked any of the special edition covers. Every time I see a new special edition cover unveiled I'm forced to ask "This is supposed to entice me to go buy it from my FLGS right when it comes out?" And to conclude that, at least for me, it totally fails to do so.

Remove ads

Remove ads