Polymorphic Transfer feat (vetoed)

Rystil Arden

First Post
IcyCool said:
Not without a feat that increases his manifester level to 5 (which, arguably, he couldn't take unless he already had a manifester level).
Even if you enforce that, he could still go Wizard3/Psion1/PsychicWarrior1 and do it :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
IcyCool said:
Ah, well then, clearly Psionics is broken. :lol:
But of course :p Have I told you about my friend, Pun-Pun the Egoist who uses Metamorphic Transfer? :D

Nah, Psionics isn't really broken--but form-changing in general, particularly when also gaining abilities usually is. I'm not against an Arcane version, though, since a Psionic one exists already.

IcyCool

First Post
Any thoughts on how this and Metamorphic Transfer should treat continual (Su) abilities like the Choker's Quickness ability?

Patlin

Explorer
I realize that metamorphic transfer is in by virtue of the SRD, but the polymorph tree is so inherently broken (as WotC has pretty much acknowledged) that I'd hate to expand on it for LEW.

Voting NO on this one.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm likely to agree with Patlin, but not ready to vote no on it yet. So I'll just express my opinnion here.

However, I do agree that Polymorph stuff is generaly broken, and that is a big reason I don't like the Druid class (which I think is generaly fine without the wildshape ability)

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
However, I do agree that Polymorph stuff is generaly broken, and that is a big reason I don't like the Druid class (which I think is generaly fine without the wildshape ability)

Give me a shapeshifting class that's all about shape shifting (no pesky spellcasting or animal companions) and is balanced and I'd be pretty happy. :)

Slightly related thought: The shapeshifter alternate class ability in PHB II is nice, but needs a lot more work IMO. A few interesting utility forms that didn't add much for combat and an aquatic form, then you'd have something.

Remove ads