PoPP - Mustapha bin-Hanif (01)

grufflehead

First Post
But, but, sir, I haven't done anything (and I think I've missed other turns too but that's not important now)...

I was supposed to be moving round Leaf to K9 but I'm still where I was as far as I can see.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Damn . . . sorry about that, Malcomb!

I'll do a quick retcon.

You haven't missed any other turns as far as I can recall - things moved slowly (actually didn't move much at all) while you were on vacation.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yeah, Mustapha's showing a real knack for putting himself in danger so far . . . And he the only one without any martial classes! :D

You move quickly and quietly around Lerissa, putting you north of everyone else in the party. The wall continues on to the north as far as you can see . . .

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 60

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Leaf moves out around you, then back beside the wall in front of you before heading into the fog to the north. His mottled gray skin fades silently into the fog. At this point no one in the party is visible to you.

Lerissa's up.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Goliath is followed closely by the fierce Tiefling woman, who is - oddly - holding on to a fold of his shirt. She ends up just to the north of you, snugged up against the wall to your west.

Mustapha's up.

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 58

grufflehead

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Right, time for some action. I'm concerned that all this pussyfooting around is giving the bad guy too much time to carry out whatever nefariousity they have planned, so let's liven it up a bit (and as a bonus possibly annoy the hell out of Lerissa at the same time) ;)

Reading the Perception rules, the DC to hear a conversation is 0, so even at +1 per 10', any of the other PCs should easily be able to hear where I am even if they can't see me IF I make a bit of noise - OK, so can the bad guys but one thing at a time.

So action for this round is to 5' step diagonally NE, then again NE (total move 15', should put me in N10) then start moving directly north for 3 more squares completing my move of 30 unless something stops me. Then I will ready an action to attack any hostiles as per usual.

So the party can (hopefully) locate him, Mustapha will start to recite a tale and will continue narrating each round (if that can be done as a free action?). Let's see what that smokes out.[/sblock]

Mustapha stepped past Lerissa. With a wink towards her, he whispered 'time to stir things up a little' before heading into the gloom. A moment later, she heard his resonant voice from somewhere in the fog:

'A story was once recited to me by a travelling barber who had come to take shelter at the same oasis as us during a sudden and unexpected sandstorm. This man, although of modest appearance, possessed not only a voice of wondrous clarity, but a fine range of tales, of which this was the most memorable...'

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Your charted course takes you into the 'Grain Swamp,' squares where the grain lies piled 1½ to 3 feet high and which count as difficult terrain. With a DC10 STR check you can move through a square as normal (roll once for each square). I went ahead and rolled for you to save some time, as it's about 11:30 PM your time now and I'm not sure if you're still up on a work night.

You make it to K11 (two squares short of your stated destination). You encounter nothing but shifting grain . . .

[sblock=OOC]Though it feels like much longer, this is just the end of round six since you entered - so you've been in the building for a grand total of 36 seconds. Of course, there's also the journey across the district to get here.

Continuing your recitation is indeed a free action, and will serve admirably as a locator for anyone in hearing distance.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 64

grufflehead

First Post
My bad - 2 squares from my start should have been M10 NOT N10. Didn't pick it up right on the map because it was a bit...grainy... *snicker*

Can I make a joke about being 'all ears' now?

Remove ads