PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The apparition appears unaffected by Lerissa's scream, but it definitely makes note of her scimitar! "You would draw steel on me, on your captain!? Mutiny! What have you done with my Anamshara?"

OOC: No need for a check - the racket is plenty loud enough to wake you, your campmates, and any dead that happen to be within 100 yards :D

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

The apparition appears unaffected by Lerissa's scream, but it definitely makes note of her scimitar! "You would draw steel on me, on your captain!? Mutiny! What have you done with my Anamshara?"

OOC: No need for a check - the racket is plenty loud enough to wake you, your campmates, and any dead that happen to be within 100 yards :D

Lerissa lowers her blade to her side in a gesture of good faith. "I have no quarrel with you good captain." If you look below your feet I think you will find you are dead but have not yet passed on to the other side. We explored your ship's wreckage and found the locket which you are welcome to have if you like. We are also shipwrecked on this island but our lives were luckily, we think, spared. Again, I have no quarrel with you, we only want you to find rest."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 17/17     AC: 16  AC(T): 12  AC(FF): 14  Init: +02

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Scimitar                +3        1d6+1       18-20/x2     +1 (Weapon Focus)

Judgments: 1/1 per Day

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Resistance             * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The ghostly creature continues to move toward Lerissa even as Abraxis lurches from his bed and grabs his glaive. He holds out his hand in a gesture halfway between threatening and entreating. "Anamshara . . . give her to me now and I may decide to spare your miserable traitorous life!"

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa will hold out the locket to her side to be sure he is indeed speaking of the locket. If his eyes follow, she will gather it into her palm and extend it out toward the uneasy soul, palm up and hand open so that he may take it if he so desires.

"We wish you rest, but would love to hear your story if you'd care to share.

sense motive roll:

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:

Spells Available:
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Captain's eyes do indeed follow the locket as you hold it out; however, it is plain that he's not responding at all to your verbal forays . . . he's clearly in his own world. When you hold the locket out to him he reaches for it. There's a very disconcerting sensation as his hand passes through yours and through the locket. A look of peace comes over his face, and he slowly fades from view.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

After he fades from view, Lerissa looks over her shoulder to Abraxis, "I guess that's good right?" She closes her hand on the locket and brings it back to her. She pauses for a moment considering the amulet and then suddenly hurls it into the ocean. She mutters under her breath, "Be at peace."

She then turns back to the group, "OK, enough excitement for tonight, go back to sleep, Sasha and I will finish this watch."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:

Spells Available:
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis's eyes follow the flight path of the locket until it disappears with a splash into the waves. "I hope if doesn't turn out that we needed that for anything else," he says quietly. Then, he returns to his bedroll to go back to sleep.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As Abraxis turns back to his bedroll he notes that Jask is sitting up, but Gelik is still sound asleep - a tall, slender form steps from the shadow of the treeline and strides confidently onto the beach. The moonlight glints from his shoulder length blonde hair as he looks around curiously. He holds his hands well away from his weapons and call out. "Ahoy the camp! Not to worry, I mean you no harm."

Remove ads