Port Cities

Incenjucar

Legend
And to follow up on that: What format do you want for this? (as in, how would you like character and creature information organized, etc.)

Aside from the SRD, should we use any OGL stuff?

caudor

Adventurer
I'll second the request for specific formatting info.

Would you like the submission posted here or emailed to you? If email, what file format do you prefer (i.e. pdf, rtf, doc...)

If there are any other special formatting that you'd like, please mention that as well.

This sounds like a fun and interesting project; I'm looking forward contributing. :D

Incenjucar

Legend
Considering it's supposed to be a freebie project, we may as well post here so we can help each other edit -- Considering I only have Serpent Kingdoms and the SRD on hand, and have a minute amount of experience with 3e, I'm almost certain to make some mistakes.

But I'm definately liking this project. I'm thinking that Orange, the young savant kobold, will have a child's crush on Molly, and, while barely understanding the concept, wants to get rich so he can marry her (since Molly's mother, Jill, keeps talking about marriage being the best way for Molly to find happiness). Of course, Jill doesn't even like Molly hanging out with Orange, so the two have to sneak out to meet each other. Crumbles, the rat familiar (that Gramm thinks is a mouse, because he's "too clean to be a rat"), watches over them at night, making sure they're safe, and occassionally diverting them towards safety, making noise to distract pursuers, etc.

Incenjucar

Legend
Still working on things, but here's what I have so far:

Name: Gramm Pluckapple
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Phys: Ht: 6'4", Wt: 283 lb., Hair: White, Eyes: Gray, Skin: Pale Tan

Class: Expert 2, Adept 2
Align: Neutral Good
Stats: Str 15 (+2), Dex 10 (+0), Con 16 (+3), Int 8 (-1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency (Class), Light Armor Proficiency (Class), Eschew Materials, Skill Focus (Craft (baked goods)), Self-Sufficient

Skills: 30 (Expert), 4 (Adept)
Craft (baked goods): 7 (5 Ranks, -1 Int, +3 feat)
Profession (baker): 8 (5 Ranks, +3 Wis)
Handle Animal: 5 (4 Ranks, +1 Cha)
Knowledge (local): 8 (7 Ranks, -1 Int)
Heal: 8 (3 Ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Feat)
Diplomacy: 3 (2 Ranks, +1 Cha)
Swimming: 3 (1 Ranks, +2 Str)
Listen: 6 (1 Ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Familiar)
Spot: 6 (1 Ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Familiar)
Survival: 7 (2 Ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Feat)
Perform (Oratory) 3 (2 Ranks, +1 Cha)
Concentration: 4 (1 Ranks, +3 Con)

Languages: Common

Class Abilities: Expert Chosen Skills (Craft, Profession, Heal, Diplomacy, Swimming, Handle Animal, Listen, Spot, Knowledge (local), Perform), Adept Spells, Familiar (Rat)
HP: 26 (4d6+12 Con)
BAB: +2
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +9
AC: 10
Spells/Day: 0th: 3, 1st: 2

Spell List: 0th: create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, ghost sound, guidance, light, mending, purify food and drink, read magic, touch of fatigue.
1st: bless, burning hands, cause fear, command, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, detect chaos, detect evil, detect good, detect law, endure elements, obscuring mist, protection from chaos, protection from evil, protection from good, protection from law, sleep.

Currently Memorized: 0th: purify food and drink, guidance, mending
1st: comprehend languages, cure light wounds

Current Equipment: Tunic, Breeches, Apron, Soft Boots, Oven Mitts, Sash, Belt Pouches (Baking spices, decorations, and a small orange muffin), Healing Kit, Coin Purse with 10cp, Large Wooden Spoon, Copper Signet Ring/Holy Symbol (Dedicated to all gods)

Gramm Pluckapple's Familiar: Crumbles the Mouse
Rat Familiar
Tiny Magical Beast
HD: 1, HP 13, Initiative +2, Speed 15 ft., climb 15 ft., swim 15 ft., AC 15 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +1 Natural Armor), touch 14, flatfooted 13, BAB/Grapple: +2/-10
Full Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d3-4)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Qualities: Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60', Scent, Grant Master Alertness
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +7
Abilities: Str 2, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +14, Move Silently +10, Swim +10, Craft (baked goods) +3, Profession (baker) +6, Handle Animal +0, Knowledge (local) +6, Heal +4, Diplomacy -2, Listen +2, Spot +2, Survival +3, Concentration +1
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Alignment: Neutral Good

Alertness (Ex): While a familiar is within arm’s reach, the master gains the Alertness feat.
Improved Evasion (Ex): When subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, a familiar takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and half damage even if the saving throw fails.
Share Spells: At the master’s option, he may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) he casts on himself also affect his familiar. The familiar must be within 5 feet at the time of casting to receive the benefit.
If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the familiar if it moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the familiar again even if it returns to the master before the duration expires. Additionally, the master may cast a spell with a target of “You” on his familiar (as a touch range spell) instead of on himself.
A master and his familiar can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the familiar’s type (magical beast).
Empathic Link (Su): The master has an empathic link with his familiar out to a distance of up to 1 mile. The master cannot see through the familiar’s eyes, but they can communicate empathically. Because of the limited nature of the link, only general emotional content can be communicated.
Because of this empathic link, the master has the same connection to an item or place that his familiar does.

Skills: Rats have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim checks. A rat can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. A rat uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb and Swim checks. A rat has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Tarsus

First Post
Questions answered

OK, let's see if I can answer some of these questions!

HP-I use the same method as I do with PCs - max at 1st, roll hps beyond.

What to Use - since we are offering this for free (I would hate to step on anyone's toes) I suggest we follow the SRD.

Format - (Shop Descriptions) Use the template in the example "The Cozy Hearth" above (NPCs) I had planned on using the standard statblock format, but since we have no page count constraints, I think Incenjucar's format works well.

Posting the information within the thread seems to be the easiest means of subitting your ideas, but if you would rather e-mail it to me, word docs or rtf will be fine.

Troll has also asked that I relay some additional information for the city's leadership. We intend on having a Provost as the governing head, with influential businessmen within the city making up a board of advisors (7 advisors).

zagorm

First Post
THE FORGE Studios proudly presents first illustration of The Cozy Hearth Inn - complete Free PDF with additional plans will be soon available on www.theforge.pl

Comments welcome ;)

Regards Z

Don’t forget to visit THE FORGE for other free fantasy arts and supplements in PDF format

lok03.jpg

Last edited:

Tarsus

First Post
Submissions

Not as well as we had hoped, it looks like this will take a while with only three or four of us writing it. I will get you some additional information today or tomorrow if you are still interested, I was away on business from Wdnesday of last week until Saturday afternoon and haven't had much time to post or reply.

Incenjucar

Legend
The outage was part of the problem, I think; being shoved back some pages is deadly to a thread.

However, I've finally gotten ahold of my core books again, so between mid-term projects, I should be able to get some more done.

KMageau

First Post
Yes, some more information would be great. When you get a chance, no rush. I'm active duty military, college student, husband, and father all at the same time. I understand about not having enough time.

Remove ads