Post your recipes

Uh.. kinda lame but I love to eat this ever chance I can.

Sort of a Bean Salad.
1 can Garbonzo beans
1 cucumber. (maybe half a cucumber- I mean, I use a whole one..)
About half a tomato
Some onion. I like red onions.
Red pepper flakes
mild vinegar (like wine vinegar or malt vinegar or sushi rice vinegar is good. Don't go for the straight white stuff).
olive oil.
(optionally other types of beans to mix in)
(optionally jalapeno slices)

Ok, so no cooking involved. You drain the beans into the sink and then pour the beans in a big mixing bowl. You dash on some red pepper flakes. (I use a lot, because I likes it hot.)

Ok, big bowl.

You pour on about a tablespoon or two of olive oil and pour in some vinegar. Just enough to get everything wet, really. It's the salad dressing.

You chop up the onion pretty fine. if it's kind of a harsh onion, you need to chop it up pretty small, but if it's a tasty onion, you can pretty much just chop it however. You throw some of that on to taste. You do the same thing with the tomato.

You slice up as much cucumber as you want. I like do a whole one or a little more than half. I like to slice them into 'coins' I guess.

Half the fun of this is just chopping vegetables.

You mix it up, dash on salt and pepper. Maybe a little lemon juice, lime juice or hot sauce.

OPTIONS: sometimes if I have some extra kidney beans, field peas, pinto beans or whatever-- I just throw them in, cold. If it's just for me, I add a lot of spicy stuff like pickled jalapeno slices or a dash of curry powder.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Gulla said:
The traditional Hungarian stuff is basically fried cubes of beef and onion boiled in a broth with peppers and lot of paprika powder and tomatoes and potatoes.

Håkon

That sounds like what we called "Hash," which is another one of those things like "goulash" or "casserole;" different depending upon who you ask.

Acquana

First Post
I made this for myself and my house mates and they just couldn't get enough of it! I honestly think I added too many potatoes and there weren't nearly enough spices in it, but I'm a spice fiend.

Sweet Potato Soup

4 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound each)
8 cups water
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons half and half
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
dash thyme
1 cup cashews (split in half)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until they are soft. Cool the potatoes until they can be handled.
2. Peel away the skin, then put the potatoes into a large bowl. Mash the potatoes for 15-20 seconds, but you don't need to mash them until they are entirely smooth.
3. Spoon the mashed sweet potato into a large saucepan over medium/high heat, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. When the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Spicy Ramen Soup
1 package Chili Lime flavored Ramen
1 package Oriental flavored Ramen
-----------------------------------
crush Ramen with the palm of your hands
open Chili Lime Ramen and pour into bowl
open sesasoning packet and pour on top of Ramen
open Oriental flavored Ramen and pour seasoning packet on top of Ramen
pour crushed noodles from second ramen pack on top
add water and heat in microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds at highest setting
use pot holders to extract bowl of noodles from microwave
add a handful of Minced Oninions to Ramen
add a handful of Minced Garlic to Ramen
add four dashes black pepper to Ramen
add two dashes of Chili Powder to Ramen
add a dash of Paprika to Ramen
Stir up Ramen well
Eat & Enjoy Ramen Soup.

Last edited:

Gulla

Adventurer
Mom's Brownies

OK, I just had to add this one as I am now midway in my first 2-week period as a lone dad for 3 boys this fall. Now, while their mom is away working they behave like the sweet angels they are, but this recipie is too good not to include in this thread. :D
So:

Mom's brownies
  • Remove teddy bear from oven and preheat oven to 375.
  • Melt 1 cup margarine in saucepan.
  • Remove teddy bear from oven and tell Jr. "no, no."
  • Add margarine to 2 cups sugar.
  • Take shortening can away from Jr. and clean cupboards.
  • Measure 1/3 cup cocoa.
  • Take shortening can away from Jr. again and bathe cat.
  • Apply antiseptic and bandages to scratches sustained while removing shortening from cat's tail.
  • Assemble 4 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1-1/2 cups sifted flour.
  • Take smoldering teddy bear from oven and open all doors and windows for ventilation.
  • Take telephone away from Billy and assure party on the line the call was a mistake. Call operator and attempt to have direct dialed call removed from bill.
  • Measure 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup nuts and beat all ingredients well.
  • Let cat out of refrigerator.
  • Pour mixture into well-greased 9x13-inch pan.
  • Bake 25 minutes.
  • Rescue cat and take razor away from Billy. Explain to kids that you have no idea if shaved cats will sunburn. Throw cat outside while there's still time and he's still able to run away.

Frosting
  • Mix the following in saucepan:
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
    • 1/4 cup margarine
  • Take the darn teddy bear out of the @#$% broiler and throw it away -- far away.
  • Answer the door and meekly explain to nice policeman that you didn't know Jr. had slipped out of the house and was heading for the street. Put Jr. in playpen.
  • Add 1/3 cup milk, dash of salt, and boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
  • Answer door and apologize to neighbor for Billy having stuck a garden hose in man's front door mail slot. Promise to pay for ruined carpet.
  • Tie Billy to clothesline.
  • Remove burned brownies from oven.

Håkon
who could supply a more serious recipie for brownies but everyone in America know how to bake brownies, right?

LogicsFate

First Post
Boxed mac and cheese- it's all in the order

Follow the directions up untill time to make the cheese sauce, the trick is to melt the butter first, maybe add a bit extra
Then add you own choice of ingredients

(Example sliced hotdogs
or my personal favorite, shredded motzerella, Garlic and red pepper mill, a a dash of sour cream)

add in cheese powder stir, then(and only then) very slowly add milk till you have a thick even mixture

add in your cooked pasta

and enjoy

I know I just did

Anouther possibility I'm fond of is browning the butter

kirinke

First Post
Dagwood Sandwich

Asaigo Cheese Bread (artisan bread)
Mayo
Ketchup
1 red bell pepper
1 purple onion
1 tomato
Cheese, my favorite is baby swiss
Green leaf, red leaf or romain lettuce or one of those spring salad mixes
Baby spinach or one of those spring salad mixes
Boars head turkey (to taste) (type of deli meat from HEB)
Boars head chicken (to taste) (type of deli meat from HEB)
Boars head ham (to taste) (type of deli meat from HEB)

Directions
Slice the bell pepper, onion and tomato very thinly. Shred the lettuce and spinach.
Cut the artisan cheese bread like you would a sub roll. Spread the mayo on each slice of bread. This will act as a protective layer, so the juices won't soak into the bread.

Layer on the meat and cheese first. Then layer on the lettuce and spinach. This will provide a firm foundation for the tomatoes, onion and peppers. Layer on the tomatoes, then the peppers and onions. Top with some ketcup and put the sandwich together. Wrap tightly and let stand in fridge untill lunch (I normally do this earlier). By lunch time, the flavors will have time to meld, making it even more yummy.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Fat Bastard!

Ingredients.....

1. A Bakewell Tart.
2. A tub of extra thick, (so thick you have to spread it with a knife), double cream.

Take Bakewell tart out of box and put onto plate; spread extra thick DC onto tart and commence the gorging!

The best EVAR!!! ;) :cool: :D

Remove ads