• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Posts per page

Calinon

First Post
Up to today, my displayed posts per page were set at 40. Now they seem defaulted at 25. Is there any way to change these back? My options seem limited to forum default and show posts per page (an option which appears to do nothing).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We reduced it to save bandwidth. I'm not sure if it's locked there, or if you can adjust it for yourself; if you can, it will be somewhere under your user cp.

Calinon

First Post
Piratecat said:
We reduced it to save bandwidth. I'm not sure if it's locked there, or if you can adjust it for yourself; if you can, it will be somewhere under your user cp.

I'll never argue with bandwidth concerns. I don't think there's a customizeable place in there, I looked pretty heavily, but can understand why there isn't if this change helps cut down on bandwidth useage.

Thanks

Bozidar

First Post
:)

I suggested a way, last week i think, to reduce the bandwith on those main forum pages by about 17%, but folx shot it down because they thought it was a cool feature.

I for one think it's a better feature to be able to see more topics, especially on the heavy forums where now the updated topics over the course of 3 hours can run to a page and a half.

Just my $.02

reapersaurus

Explorer
As far as I can tell, it is no longer customizable -I went to my CP, and there's no option there.

As to how it's saving bandwidth:
Up until recently, I had my view set at 20 posts per page, then I changed it to 40 per page.

I found that I had far fewer clicks, resulting in less calls to the database (which, granted, is CPU cycles and Hard drive access, not bandwidth, but....)

Is there any evidence that reducing the posts per page results in less bandwidth? Is bandwidth the only consideration? From the slowdowns, it seems like there's some hard drive or database or CPU issues, as well?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I changed my setting to only show post from the last week, default setting was for the last month. This has really helped my response time.

Bozidar

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
I changed my setting to only show post from the last week, default setting was for the last month. This has really helped my response time.
now THAT sounds like a great idea for a standard setting..

Remove ads