• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Potions effecting multiple people

Gorgon

First Post
If i drink a potion of bless does it effect only me, or all allies within 30'?

If I drink a potion of waterbreathing can i split the duration amongst touched allies?

the_bruiser

First Post
It is my understanding that it affects only you., though I can't guarantee that that's not an assumption on my part. More importantly, I think you meant "affects," not "effects" :).

Starglim

Explorer
The target of bless is the caster and all allies within 50 feet. If "the caster" is a valid equivalent to "one or more creatures" in the Brew Potion feat (possibly it is not a valid spell for a potion), it would affect the drinker and his allies.

The target of water breathing is "Living creatures touched". The drinker becomes the target of the spell and only he would be affected.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Bless has no Target at all; it affects an Area. (You can cast Bless while blind, for example, and it will still affect allies within fifty feet - something you couldn't do if it were a Targeted spell.

Since it does not target a creature or creatures, you can't make a potion of Bless.

-Hyp.

Remove ads