PPvsPP: Hand of God Arena(Up:cov,atriden,sessadore)

Atanatotatos

First Post
You wake up, again, from your sleep as a prisoner. The usual voice has called you. [size=+2]WAKE UP![/size]. And as usual, after the same dark, unescapable room as always, you find yourself in another, completely different place.
You are... in the open? No, that is not the sky you're used to. It's like an omogeneous dimensionless, hollow space. And the only thing you can see is a stone floor you're standing on... except... It's a giant statue's hand!! The rest of the structure is so big that you can't even see it.
Then, the voice shakes you from your suprise. [size=+2]FIGHT[/size]. You see your two opponents in fron of you (you know it's them you must fight) and... an ally? Yes, you know in your head, and in your gut, that this time you have an ally.

handofgodmap.jpg

[sblock=info] Ok then... please also post a short visual description of your characters in your first post... together with Initiative, of course!
A word of advice: you should keep the info you don't want to share with your opponents in sblocks, obviously, but to help make this smooth and quick, I suggest posting attacks and their effect in the open. So your opponents will know if they've been hit and relative effects, and will act accordingly.Obviously I'll be there to adjudicate too!

Map info: Really simple for now. The fingers are difficult terrain, except for the thum, which is too steep and will require some athletics. There's more but, alas, you don't know. Also don't ask me what happens if you fall, 'cause the only way to know is trying :devil:

Good gaming![/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Before you is a rider on a dark horse. What race he might be is not decernable, a horned helm covers his features, not even the eyes can be seen having been covered in some glassy substance giving the whole affair a bug eyed look. He is armoured in a strange looking suit of scale of unusual texture ranging in colour from brown to black to green. More detail than that is hard to make out though, a huge black cloak swirls about him with little regard for the actual movements of the air and it often seems his outline is blurred and indistinct. There is one more thing you do note and that's the immense and cruel looking spear or lance held in his hand.

Initiative (1d20+12=30)

[sblock=Atriden]

I suggest we keep our buffs and the like out of the open, let them figure it out. I mean they'll figure out we're clerics as soon as someone gets a Righteous Brand in the face, but they can wonder about the rest. :)

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
A tiefling appears in the arena, tall and haughty, dressed in shining chainmail decorated with enamelled clasps and partly covered in neatly embroidered robes. He carries a wand and a longsword.

ooc: initiative 26

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Beside the tiefling there stands an elf. Slim and tall, he looks rather unremarkable physically. Long brown hair falls freely over his shoulders, and he is wearing a long, dark leather jacket with a high collar and sturdy belt. Leggings of a similar material cover his legs, as do gloves on his hands - the only skin visible is that of his face. A silver circlet adorned with leaflike patterns lies on his brow. While his accoutrements are of good quality, none are very spectacular or eye-drawing.

However, the same can't be said of his weapon. Tip resting on the ground, standing vertically with one hand on the pommel, is a long, incredibly sharp looking sword, curving slightly along its nearly six-foot length.

As the blue eyes glance over the two individuals facing him, the man turns to his apparent companion and shows his first sign of emotion. The right corner of his mouth quirks up almost imperceptibly, a playful light dancing in his eyes.

Initiative (1d20+14=21)

Atriden

First Post
Next to rider is male half-orc wearing an exotic full plate mail and on his head has a shiny crown, matching his majestic look. He has as well a black steed but it is nothing compared to the huge terrifying axe he has on his back. He hides something in his hands which seems to be a potion, but you can’t be sure since his huge black cloak swirls about him, like his companions.

Initiative: 24

Oni

First Post
The armoured warrior raised his arms to where the heavens ought to be.

Protect we who engage in your most sacred rite of battle! Let these bodies fight until we've no more blood to spill!

Radiance lit his figure swirling about him, spilling over and encompassing the heavily armoured half-orc next to him.

And sanctify this weapon so that it might honor those whose hearts it pierce!

Light burst from the spear, raining luminescense across the field of battle.

The warrior leaned back in the saddle and with terrifying quickness withdrew a vial from his belt. Saluting his foes with it, he then poured it though the small mouth opening on his helmet.

[sblock=Atanatotatos and Atriden]

Standard: Divine Armour. +2 AC to myself (AC:32 now), and 5DR to both of us for the encounter.

Move: Weapon of the Gods on my Greatspear.

Minor: Retrieve Potions of Clarity +2 with Quickdraw and use it. Spend healing surge.

[edit: just a reminder since it might come up in this situation. Ranged attacks against both of use take a -5 penalty at more the 5 squares away.]

[/sblock]

[ooc: Oh not moving or anything on my turn, if anyone was waiting on that clarification before acting.]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC for all]I'm not sure, because I haven't read up on the mounting rules, but do the two mounted characters still only take up 1 square? Or do they and their mounts each have a 2x2 space? [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:eh. That is a bad mistake by me. The horses are indeed large, so Karn and mrKiller should be occupying large spaces. If necessary I can update the map before you go on.
edit:as for the specific square occupied by the mounted character, he can choose which one he wants to be considered occupying.

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Mounts must be at least Large occupying 2x2 space, their riders occupying the space with them. If it should become necessary to determine a rider's exact square the rider chooses which square it is in. Though the cases where this comes up are probably pretty rare since as far as I can determine pretty much any attack if it can target the mount it can target the rider and vice versa.

[edit: ...or what Ata said.]
[edit 2: I guess which square matters for forced movement since you don't have to take your mount with you.]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads