• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PPvsPP: Hand of God Arena(Up:cov,atriden,sessadore)

Atanatotatos

First Post
corrected map, sorry guys:
handofgodmap.jpg

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I was just about to ask whether the rider could then choose to avoid being in the area of an effect which covers only part of his mount's space, but I think that's covered. Just to make sure I understand correctly, even if only one square of the mount is covered by an area attack, that means the rider would be targeted as well, right? Assuming it targeted "creatures in burst" or whatever.

Edit: these kind of questions should probably be posted in the main OOC thread, shouldn't they? I'll do that in the future ...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
[sblock=OOC]I was just about to ask whether the rider could then choose to avoid being in the area of an effect which covers only part of his mount's space, but I think that's covered. Just to make sure I understand correctly, even if only one square of the mount is covered by an area attack, that means the rider would be targeted as well, right? Assuming it targeted "creatures in burst" or whatever.

Edit: these kind of questions should probably be posted in the main OOC thread, shouldn't they? I'll do that in the future ...[/sblock]

No, it cannot be used as a means to avoid an attack. If a burst or area includes either the mount's or the rider's space, the attacker can choose to affect both, or either with the attack.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Diarmuid utters a piercing screech that seems to echo shatteringly through the air. He sheaths his longsword and withdraws a potion.

[sblock=Ata and Sessadore]Song of Discord on Karn, hits will 28. If that's a miss, she will spend her Irrefutable Armor's daily power to reroll with a +4 bonus: 34. If that hits, Karn makes a basic attack on mrKiller and is dominated until the end of my next turn. His action will be... we can all see this coming, right? ...throw his weapon and holy symbol over the side.

Move: sheath longsword
minor: draw potion of clarity. I meant to start with this in hand, but forgot, and typed something else. Ah well.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:varis' turn, unless mr killer has some way to avoid being dominated. If not, he'll be forced to throw his weapon or holy symbol aside (covaithe, you have to choose one; each requires a free action, but a dazed creature only has one); whatever is tossed aside, starts floating in the air one square from the stone hand, surrounded by some sort of electrical aura. Will update status after sessadore posts.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Doesn't dazed allow you to still take free actions as normal? I thought it only limited you to one standard, move, or minor, but didn't restrict free actions.

Edit: Diarmuid targeted Karn (or whichever one is Oni's character; the one that already went this round), so Mr. Killer still gets his turn before Varis. Unless Karn has something that redirected the attack to Mr. Killer instead of himself.

Edit 2: If tossing his weapons is a free action and he still gets one other action, might I suggest that you make Karn dismount as well? ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=actions and the daze]well... the condition smmary states that you can take a minor, standard, or move action; that you cannot take opportunity or immediate actions; and that you can take free actions. However, I think that the point of the condition is allowing one single action; the bit about free action, I interpret it as allowing you to use your action for a free one, not limiting to the three types in the first sentence. Debatable, but it seems reasonable to me.[/sblock]

ooc: oh man... the attack targeted Karn. I hate it so much when I have these horrible misreads. Mr killer takes his turn normally.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]yes. Sorry for the mess guys. Really. I'll whip myself everytime I make these mistakes from now on. That might actually help :p[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]

I don't have a holy symbol if they're targeting me.

At the risk of sounding redundant, just want to double check the cloak of distortion was factored into Def since I gather the attack came from range.

How far out and how high up is it? Did it just float where it was released, or would I have to dismount to reach it assuming it isn't tampered with before I can act of my own volition again.

[/sblock]

Remove ads