• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PPvsPP:Maze of Fear

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=DM/Red]
Seeing the other goliath round the corner and out of sight, Karrak shakes his head thinking "We gotta be stickin' together", but keeps his advice to himself. Karrak follows his ally down the corridor, ready to strike.

OOC - Move - to H7
Minor - TBD
Standard - TBD
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=red & renau, round 2]As Eglat approaches a passage between two walls, followed at a short distance by Karrak, he notices that, in the middle the small doorless room, there is a sort of whirling pool of darkness. Before he can react, a large, horned form comes out of the pitch-black, perfectly silent space, and a humongous axe descends on the Goliath. Eglath is nimble enough to dodge the powerful blow, that hits the floor at his feet, scattering shards of stone in all direction.

mazeoffearmap1.png

Initiative and status:
21-Karrak HP:137/137+14t , S:14/14, AP:1 [sblock=expended]Wellspring of renewal[/sblock]
17-Eglath HP:152/152, S:15/16, AP:1, regen 5 [sblock=expended]1 potion of regeneration[/sblock]
16-Minotaur
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=IG & cabana, round 2]You hear a distant sound of battle, and a sound like that of an enraged bull, from very close, particularly to zachar, in direction NW.

mazeoffearmap2.png
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=red & DM]
Karrak snarls at the minotaur, but can't get to it from his current position so he takes a large step to the east and then sees his opening. "For Tempus!" the goliath shouts as he rushes forward, lowers his head and swings his maul down on the minotaur with a vengeance. Not satiated with the brutal strike, Karrak follows it up with another swing of his heavy weapon.

OOC -
Move - 5ft step to I7
Standard - Howling Strike against Minotaur (end up @ K9)Vs AC; Damage (1d20+23=26, 5d6+23=45) 3 on to hit... :rant:
Waitaminute... forgot my goliath feat - Markings of the Victor...
Re-Roll Vs AC (Markings of Victor) (1d20+23=43)
Bonus Crit Damage (4d6=12)
Booyah! Crit'd for 65 damage (Wow.... just wow, If I had used the bloodclaw it would've been 77 damage, for an at-will...nice)
Rampage (when scoring a critical hit, get a free basic melee attack)
Basic Attack (Vs. AC); Damage (1d20+21=28, 2d6+21=29) Hits AC 28 for 29 damage

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Ata, IG, spectators]

Move fly as high as possible end move to (what would be if I could see) O19, P19, O20, P20.

Minor retrieve potion of spirit, minor drink potion of spirit
(expend HS +3 death saving throws until encounters end.)

my Spirit Companion should be located on the wall at 24, but the map doesn't show it. Squares adjacent to my spirit companion are always considered difficult terrain.

the suspense!!!

Edit:
just going to reiterate a big thanks for putting this on Ata!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Ata + Renau]This is the best they can send at us, brother? Eglath shouts to Karrak as he enters the rush of battle. The very stone around us will strengthen our resolve! With that, he stares the minotaur down, drawing its attention to his deadly hammer, and launches a vicious attack against their foe.

Free Action: Mark the minotaur
Minor Action: Polymorph into the Form of the Charging Boar (resist 5 all, +2 fort and +2 will)
Standard Action: Strength of stone vs. Minotaur, hits AC 31 for 18 damage
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=red & renau, round 3]The large Minotaur howls in pain from Karrak's blow, and reacts with another violent blow, that, blinded by fury, misses the Goliath and chips away at the wall instead.
Karrak immediately sees the opening and follows up with another attack, but the minotaur is partly concealed in the shadowy pool, and his swing is misdirected.
Eglath, too, connects with his grat mace, and smashes a shoulder of the minotaur. The creature, though, seems mostly unfazed. What's more, the juncture of its arm snaps, relocating itself, as if the beast was healing extremely fast.
The humanoid bull swings its enormous axe at Eglath, missing again.

mazeoffearmap1.png

Initiative and status:
21-Karrak HP:137/137+14t , S:14/14, AP:1 [sblock=expended]Wellspring of renewal[/sblock]
17-Eglath HP:152/152+5t, S:15/16, AP:1, regen 5, +2 for and will, 5DR [sblock=expended]1 potion of regeneration, Form of the charging boar[/sblock]
16-Minotaur HP:-73, marked by Eglath[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=IG & Cabana, round 3]The noises of battle are even louder now. Probably two or more combatants. Very close, especially to Zachar.
mazeoffearmap2.png[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Ata, IG, Spectators]
Zachar, what is all that racket? Can you see anything? Should I advance?

[/sblock]

Remove ads