• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PR] S.T. Cooley Publishing releases "Buy the Numbers"

cappun

First Post
Sigil,

Great work. I am trying to convert the rest of my group to adopt this system. I just love the flexibility. One question. Did you miss animal companions? I could not find them in the book and they are a nice ability, especially at lower levels.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
cappun said:
Sigil,

Great work. I am trying to convert the rest of my group to adopt this system. I just love the flexibility. One question. Did you miss animal companions? I could not find them in the book and they are a nice ability, especially at lower levels.

Thanks, keep up the good work.
You're right, I managed to miss them. :( I'll make sure to include it in the update. An animal companion would be a Complex Special Ability with an access cost of 100 XP and of course you would have to spend XP to increase your "appropriate level" for that ability (and thereby increase the power of the animal).

--The Sigil

LRathbun

First Post
I just bought the system last night. Really cool idea, and great execution. Now here is an idea that may make your brain hurt (it does mine); our group is thinking of trying to integrate this with the Elements of magic. Do you think that's possible?

We're going to try at least!

Looking forward to the update and spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Hey, I would love it if you did an elements of magic version of buy the numbers! I guess caster level could be bought (in increments of 1/2!), and you could buy spell points, spell lists, number of signature spells known, number of cantrips known (one or both of the latter might be bundled up with caster level, or you could separate out caster level from maximum spell points per spell, although I am not sure what caster level by itself would mean, then), anything else?

The Sigil said:
Now you see, this is one of the nice "perks" of PDF publishing. I've gotten considerable feedback already, and I'm going to try to spend some time in the next week or so implementing some of the suggestions... including expanding the content another 6 pages or so (I hope to incorporate psionics and d20 Modern) and of course a spreadsheet to aid in calculation should be forthcoming. Hopefully I can squeeze them off by the "one-month anniversary" of BtN (July 29) and everyone who has purchased a copy will get a link for a free update. :)

--The Sigil

Any news on this?

:)

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Sorcica said:
Any news on this?

:)
Going more slowly than I expected (extreme business at work, and some developments at home - including two toddlers who decided they no longer sleep through the night - or even at the same time - and are thus conducting sleep deprivation research on me - are making this slower than I hoped), but will get it done as soon as I can.

--The Sigil

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads