• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pre-written treasure parcel handouts?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Has anybody created such a thing? I'd love to be able to grab a random "8th level trasure parcel" and hand it to my players, complete with full descriptions.

I know I should prepare these myself before the game but - hey - I'm lazy! So I find myself actually rolling for them at the time and then letting the players choose the details which works but very much lacks any flaour or excitement.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Probably because random treasure parcels means: "Hey, here's a bunch of items not suited to your characters, so in effect here's 20% of the wealth you were SUPPOSED to acquire this level. Ha ha ha, good luck suckers."

Cheers, -- N

Sanzuo

First Post
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure what you are talking about exactly. Do you essentially mean having random loot drop from a certain level or are you talking about handing the players a full list of treasure for them to choose from?

If it's the former some of us do stuff like this:

758886463_4j6nQ-O.jpg

"To go along with the open world I cooked up a simple random loot generator. I created a random iPhoto slide show and each time they killed a mob I advanced the slide and let them see what they got. Sometimes it was junk and sometimes it was a cool piece of loot."

758886474_oYFrs-O.jpg

From PA

Scribble

First Post
I'd really like something like this...

I'd also like "item cards" for not only magic items, but also common things, like gems and artwork and what not. Something I could physically hand my players with the item mentioned, and the details... (Like a line that shows the value...)

I print stuff up already to hand them, but it would be way cool to have a PDF full of pre-made stuff with good artwork. :D

Appleseeth

First Post
While its certainly not fancy, and the treasure list is not up to date my Random Treasure Generator might be what you were looking for. I recently restarted a thread about it here. Strangely I haven't gotten any answers to my actual question in that thread.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
While its certainly not fancy, and the treasure list is not up to date my Random Treasure Generator might be what you were looking for. I recently restarted a thread about it here. Strangely I haven't gotten any answers to my actual question in that thread.

I commented in that very thread yesterday, and indeed offered feedback. :)

beldar1215

Explorer
I'll throw a shout out to Asmor's "Quatermaster." It generates random treasure parcels. Might be worth a look. Not sure how up to date it is though.

Beldar

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I go into the character builder before the game, and print power cards for all the items I'm going to drop in a session. Cut them out, then during the game, after the encounter when they search instead of telling them what they find and expecting them to look it up and apply it to there stats I simple throw the cards on the table.

They have a phsycial representation of dividing the items up, (including potions which i make them hand back when used.) and they have the cards ready for the next battle.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Do you mean something like this?

Level 8 Treasure
An unadorned urn filled with sand. Buried in the sand is 897 gp, 68 sp, 20 cp + 1 sapphire (1000 gp). The coins are stamped with the image of a Bael Turothian Sorcerer-King. They are in good condition.

One of the copper pieces radiates magic. If flipped, it always comes up heads.

Remove ads