• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E predictions for D&D in 2015

gyor

Legend
I was refering the Janassary paragon path in 4e for the swordmage which seemed to me like it would have been better as Paladin subclass. Who knows maybe it would end up as a fighter subclass given that the fighter ate the Swordmage.

IchneumonWasp

Explorer
I was refering the Janassary paragon path in 4e for the swordmage which seemed to me like it would have been better as Paladin subclass. Who knows maybe it would end up as a fighter subclass given that the fighter ate the Swordmage.

In 4e Heroes of the Elemental Chaos, there was also a Janassary character theme. I could certainly see it returning as a kit or subclass of some kind.

My prediction (this is in addition to stuff we already know, like Elemental evil adventure and splatbook):

* Another adventure and (small) splatbook in autumn
* Forgotten Realms campaign setting book (of some kind)
* OGL announced

Other than that, I wouldn't expect all that much.

Henrix

Explorer
I do not expect a manual of the planes next year.

I expect it when the years big adventure is a Planescape thing. Possibly 2016.

gyor

Legend
I have a feeling the adventure/splat book that will come when the elemental one is done will be Psionic in nature.

Long shots are PHB2, DMG2, more likely is a MM2.

aramis erak

Legend
My predicitions?

The DM screen is likely to be late. A week or two.

I expect a couple minor revisions to the PBR and DMBR PDFs... nothing major, just errata for them. (The PBR has a significantly misplaced table, for example.)

I expect March and September will start the new D&DAL seasons...
Each season, I expect, in order, a campaign sourcebook (with races/subraces, backgrounds, subclasses, monsters, and some setting materials, maybe also a few spells and magic items) the month prior, A Tier I or I-II adventure module to start with, possibly another tier II or I-II the month after, and a Tier III-IV adventure following, all sharing the AL Season's theme.

I halfway expect a rules expansion book in December.

Lord Blackstone

First Post
I expect the Goliath will be a part of the Adventurer's Guide. Goliath was a huge (no pun intended) hit with one of my players, and he hopes he can play an official one soon.

I also think that with the success of 5E, more products are being added to the unknown release listings.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads