• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Preferred Non-Dragon Flying Mount?

Preferred Non true dragon flying mount?

• Chimera

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Hippogrif

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Manticore

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • Roc

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Spider Eater

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Wyvern

Votes: 28 10.7%
  • Yrthak

Votes: 11 4.2%

lukelightning

First Post
Slife said:
What, no Nightmare?

What, no animated nightmare skeleton? A nightmare skeleton is a great mount... it can still fly! Same with skeletal rasts (my gnome mage's mount) and skeletal ravids as well. (skeletons of creatures with a magical flight ability can still fly).

Shemeska

Adventurer
My choice of Slasrath wasn't up there. Blah I say! You have to include the flying gehennan manta ray/worm.

Instead I voted Ythrak because they're awesome when they're used for Rakshasa sorcerer mounts in Acheron.

Peni Griffin

First Post
Aesthetically, I'm partial to griffins, too. But that habit of eating horses makes them awkward in cities and agricultural areas. For a good balance of convenience, speed, maneuverability, intelligence, impressing the locals, and carrying capacity, you can't beat the good old-fashioned winged horse. (<pedantry>Pegasus was an individual, not a species.</pedantry>)

lukelightning

First Post
How about arrowhawks? You just have to convince them that up and down orientation is, in fact, important.

Or better yet, an elder air elemental.

Remove ads