• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Class: Husband

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
You forgot a few class abilities...

Honey Do List (Ex): At the behest of your better half, you have a buttload of work to do around the house. When working on the Honey Do List, you may add 10 to your speed in order to get the work done. Knowledge (Home Repair) checks under this increased speed suffer a -2 penalty.

Husbandly Charm (Ex): When the man goofs (and he does!), he may make a Charisma check at DC 25 in order to beg an apology from the wife. The DC is reduced to 20 if accompanied by flowers, chocolates, or both.

Wrong When Right (Su): The husband learns that even when he's right, he's wrong. The husband may add his Husband prestige class levels to all Wisdom checks to figure out that he better suck it up and apologize, even when he feels that he's right and an apology isn't necessary.

sckeener

First Post
sniffles said:
When I finally gave in on that point, we discovered we're going to need to continue adventuring for another 10 years to earn the gold cost. ;)

There is an end-run around that preq. All you have to do is visit a NPC called a JP. They exist throughout government institutions. You bribe the clerk who then bribes the JP....the bribe cost is about 1/10000gp the value of the actual wedding.

Plus it gets around the whole survive the wedding preq too! You don't have to worry about that Uncle that drinks too much being at the open bar ruining your +5 wedding dress of stunning.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
sniffles said:
Men. Sigh. :p

I'm trying to get my fiancee into that PrC. Unfortunately we're having trouble meeting the prereqs. The original prereq we were having a problem with was 'Spouse must change surname'. When I finally gave in on that point, we discovered we're going to need to continue adventuring for another 10 years to earn the gold cost. ;)
An interesting option I've heard some discuss is for both people to choose a new surname together. This could be confusing for record-keeping for some folks, but it's not about them, it's about the new couple.

Just a thought.

PS: Happily married for 17 years.

Dave

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
JustaPlayer said:
Why would someone ever want that prestige class? ;)
I've seen a lot of people play a very similar class (power-wise, that is), back in 3.0. It was called "Ranger." ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads