Prestige Class: Itinerate Taleswapper

Patlin

Explorer
I think all the spellcasting progression ought to be the same... either +1 Bardic Spellcasting, or +1 existing class. Losing a spellcasting level or two might also help justify a more potent capstone ability, if that is desired.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Patlin said:
I think all the spellcasting progression ought to be the same... either +1 Bardic Spellcasting, or +1 existing class. Losing a spellcasting level or two might also help justify a more potent capstone ability, if that is desired.

I don't think that it is possible to give +1 to an existing class at all levels. They approach I took is a compromise that allows all charcter besides Bards to benfit from the class. I don't believe that it is entirely non-standard to have different spell progression on different levels.

It is quite true that the class does not posses a capstone ability. Unfortunately that rests with nature of the class. It is almost entirely a strict enhancement of the bard. The only potential comprise a bard character might make is devoting more skill ranks to knowledge skills and more spells known to divination spells than he he might otherwise desire.

In return for these small compromises, the Bardic Itinerate Taleswapper gains a couple more ranks of knowledge skills, 3 minor bardic musics abilities, an extra divination spell known of each level, a slightly expanded spell list, and a small bonus to bardic knowledge checks.

I have tried to create a greater compromise for the class benefits. I have not come up with much. I will add an additional knowledeg requirement, but that is pretty much the limit of my creativity. Perhaps others might have suggestions, but I am not entirely convinced that this class requires greater character sacrifice.

orsal

LEW Judge
Is the name a typo? I'm wondering if you intended the Itinerant Taleswapper. Itinerate is a verb (what itinerant people do), but as an adjective its a neologism.

Regardless of the name, I like it. I very much like the idea (and not only because I have a character whose concept fits) and haven't heard any suggestions for improving the details. So, Yes.

Erekose13

Explorer
I've been contemplating the Bard/Spellcaster thing for a while now and I think that it a good fit. For examples of that type of progress you can look to some of the mutliclassing PrCs that WotC has put out recently. Some like the Noctumancer from Tome of Magic grant +1 mystery user at every level and +1 spellcaster at only some of the levels.

It might even be nice to turn this one into a multiclass option by making spell progression:

Bard & Spellcaster
Bard
Bard & Spellcaster
Bard
Bard & Spellcaster

But as is I'll vote yes.

Remove ads