D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse campaign recaps

Nailen

Explorer
April was a long time ago!
We are still playing, so here's a quick summary of progress:
They cleared the rest of the air temple and then headed back to Feathergale spire to rest. While there they dreamt that friends were in danger in Womford so went to check it out.
Turns out Womford was destroyed by the Water Cult with a devastation orb!
Their friends the told them that Rivergard Keep was re-taken by cultists.
This has lead them to discover the river to the Water temple and they are now working their way through it.
They've learnt that Gar Shatterkeel has gone down to 'the Fane of the Eye' although they don't really know what that means. The players have realised that they need to clear out each area of the ancient city so will keep on with that. And they also know that Gar is hoping to bring forth Olhydra.
They've so far avoided meeting the dragon turtle by casting Silence at the gong before taking on the guys that would have rung it but I think I need it to make an appearance..

The party are up to 8th level now and they generally seem overpowered for all the encounters. In the first battle on the first quay I had the Dark Tide Knight escape and round up troops for an ambush. But even with 8 reavers, 2 DTK and a priest the party were still victorious without too much issue. One of them came much closer to death when, have cast fly, he flew off on his own and found the ghouls to the south - they managed to paralyse him and he fell to the ground. They were just about to drop him in one of the sacrificial pools when he broke the paralysis and flew straight to the ceiling and escaped with only 7hp remaining.

Nailen

Explorer
They have cleared out the east side of the water temple, and the galley and market hall in the central section. Having interrogated a cultist they've learned much of the general layout of the temple and that Gar Shatterkeel has headed down to the Fane. I assumed they would head south to confront Mahluna and Morbeoth. But no, they decided to head into the Shrine of Water.
BOOOMMM!!! Glyph of Warding goes off.
The fights with the lizardmen and the Hezrou kicked off - they took a fair bit of damage, but triumphed. The (invisible) gnome headed south to check for backup approaching. And the ranger was on the bridge when the dragon turtle arrived and managed to hit her with a claw attack.
They are now separated and the whole temple is on alert!!
What fun. I don't want a TPK but the party are definitely on the back foot, panicking about how they survive.
:)

Nebulous

Legend
Did you ever finish this Nebulous?
Sorry, just saw this. No, the last session was with the Fire and Water Princes fighting. I had a big ending planned, but the guy's house we played it, we couldn't play there anymore. Sadly, this person cancelled so many sessions for personal reasons that we also couldn't finish Tomb of Annihilation. Fortunately, that's not a problem anymore.

Remove ads