• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Privateer Press] Monsternomicon Reprint Announced!

Privateer Press has announced that they will be reprinting the Monsternomicon Vol. 1 in a 3.5 compliant version to be released in May of this year.

Even owning the original version, this is welcome news to me. I like the release of this RPG material, I just hope it is a continuing trend.

http://privateerpress.com/

-Ashrum

Cool! Although, besides the update, will there be any new material, I wonder? Otherwise, I may struggle with justifying the pickup, even though I have yet to miss a single Privateer book; from either line. There's a fair amount of new critters introduced in the two Warmachine books that would make for good additions, like bile thralls, bloat thralls, etc.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Fantastic news indeed. The Monsternomicon is one of my favorite monster books and an update to 3.5, especially if they put in more rules for racial traits and update the PrCs is a solid thing.

Now all I have to do is add my review of the Character Guide...

Ghostwind

First Post
This is good news but there is no way I am holding my breath for a May release given the length of time it takes for Privateer to get an RPG product out the door.

Thanks for the move Eridanis!

While I take most Privateer Press release dates with a grain of salt, I think they've learned from the fiasco that happened with the Charater Guide. They've been pretty mum about the actual date of release for the World Guide. We only find out once the next step has happened. Nothing about when it will be hitting the next stage. That makes me hopeful that this release date will be on target, or within at least a month of target. ;)

We shall see I suppose. I do look forward to whatever they have instore for us though. The Iron Kingdoms has got to be one of the more interesting settings I've seen. Definitely adds a new dimension to D&D anyway.

-Ashrum

Frilf

Explorer
Looking forward to it! Privateer's stuff is excellent and an update of the Monsternomicon would be perfect! Here's another vote for a slight expansion on the original... :)

Remove ads