Problem Domains that need Fixing

Kognus

First Post
Sorry if I am being dense, but do they need to be original spells? I am unclear on exactly what is required. Can they be from the PHB?

Ezieer

First Post
Emiricol said:
Saying they all need to be done from scratch is I think incorrect, since most of the domains were custom jobs.

I'm of the opinion (if not fact) that they were not custom jobs. They were taken from the 3.0 versions of FRCS or The Defenders of Faith. I really haven't looked, but I can't imagine that they aren't sourced from it (maybe I'll get off my ass and do that).

1) So they need to be completely redone to fall into the SRD.

or

2) They need to be accepted that they correspond to the 3.5 version of the Player's Guide to Faerun and are sourced out of the bounds of the SRD. The only thing that doesn't work this way is the Beastmaster Domain which was out of The Defenders of Faith and was not updated in The Complete Divine. I was going to come up for something on the Beastmaster side of this.

Ezieer

First Post
Ezieer said:
(maybe I'll get off my ass and do that)

Ok. I'm off my ass. The results are in.

Artiface comes from the Craft Domain in the FRCS. The Granted Power was made slightly better, but is almost the same. The spell list is altered a lot; most likely since there were a lot of custom FRCS spells in the domain. The 3rd level spell is changed and the 5th thru 9th level spells are changed with one being used from the original.

Darkness & Moon both come from the FRCS. They changed the 5th level spell.

Liberation & Weather may be the only original domains that were created. However, they do show up in The Complete Divine. So I'm not completely sold on that.

The rest are 100% copied verbatim from the FRCS & (a few)The Defenders of the Faith.

Emiricol

That's rather unfortunate :( I don't personally want to re-do every domain, so the simple solution (not including just simply violating the SRD outright) would be to make them all domains from the SRD. Then individual CMs could replace domains with custom ones if they wish, prior to finalizing 2.0 guide.

I am completely uncomfortable with breaking the OGL by posting non-Open domains and their accompanying spells in our book.

Ezieer

First Post
I would just list all the Domains with their correct name (That means Sauron becomes Scalykind & Artiface becomes Craft). Put symbols after them where they are located.

% = PHB
^ = Players Guide to Faerun
~ = The Complete Divine

Put the onus on the players and dm to have the material themselves, as its not located in the PDF. If they can't get the material then they should eliminate access to the domain in their campaign.

The secret will to make sure each God has at least 2 domains from the PHB.

Last edited:

Ezieer

First Post
Ezieer said:
I would just list all the Domains with their correct name (That means Sauron becomes Scalykind & Artiface becomes Craft). Put symbols after them where they are located.

% = PHB
^ = Players Guide to Faerun
~ = The Complete Divine

Put the onus on the players and dm to have the material themselves, as its not located in the PDF. If they can't get the material then they should eliminate access to the domain in their campaign.

The secret will to make sure each God has at least 2 domains from the PHB.

I'm going to do just that... see how many PHB Domains each god has.

DMEntropy

First Post
I feel somewhat strongly that we should keep things OGL compliant. It was very important at the outset of T13K that people could participate with only the DMG and PHB. There are some exceptions to this that can be found. The creation of our domains I look back on as a mistake. Something this important to a core class should definitely remain OGL compliant

Ezieer

First Post
Domain Check

Domain Breakdown. PHB Domains in Bold. Object is to have at least 2 Domains from the PHB for each god.

Adenan Stronghand Good - Protection - War
Aethaddyn Cavern - Darkness - Slime
Alyhndro Celerity - Glory - Time - War
Aohalim Good - Knowledge - Law - Nobility - Sun
Bajaer Evil - Chaos - Charm
Beher Evil - Destruction - Tyranny
Belarna Charm - Knowledge - Liberation
Brand Law - Protection - Strength - War
Caelon Air - Insect - Plague(Pestilence) - Suffering
Eraekoth Destruction - Storm - Water
Felicitas Fate - Luck - Halfling
Galvar Thuradoom Earth - Protection - War