• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Problem for Aussie gamers accessing ENworld

Xilo

First Post
Posting this on behalf of someone who can't access Enworld, as explained below. Hope this doesn't break any rules:

Hi Morrus/Russ,

Just to let you know I emailed cyberstreet this today:

“Hi,

I'm based in Australia and I'm with a ISP called Optus (the 2nd biggest ISP in Australia). I'm also a big fan of a website that you guys host called ENWorld (http://www.enworld.org). For the last couple of months I haven't been able to get to ENWorld and upon calling Optus tech support they said the problem is that Cyberstreet hasn't 'released the DNS information to us'. As currently all Optus customers are unable to reach any Cyberstreet site (I'm accessing this webform from work and can't reach it from home)I'd like to ask that you guys release your DNS info to Optus so that we fans of sites you guys host can start reaching them again.

Thanks,
Nick”

My name is Nick and I’m known on ENWorld as Olive. I’ve been a member for years and was in the top couple of hundred posters for a long while. I haven’t visited for months but the above email explains why! It would be great if you would follow up with Cyberstreet about this problem as a number of Aussie gamers won't be getting to the site as a result of this issue.

Cheers,
Nick

kirinke

First Post
Hmmm. From what I know, Cyberstreet is a defunct address, which is Enworld isn't using that wasis anymore. Just type in www.enworld.org. without the cyberstreet thingie. You should be good to go, unless I'm dreadfully mistaken (which has happened in the far and distant past. ;))

Xilo

First Post
kirinke said:
Hmmm. From what I know, Cyberstreet is a defunct address, which is Enworld isn't using that wasis anymore. Just type in www.enworld.org. without the cyberstreet thingie. You should be good to go, unless I'm dreadfully mistaken (which has happened in the far and distant past. ;))

Here is his reply:
Cyberstreet are the ISP who host ENWorld so an ISP needs to get to Cyberstreet regardless of the address. I’m using the www.enworld.org address and it ain’t working…

For the technically minded I’ve tried a tracert and it just times out.

Nick

kirinke said:

Unfortunately you are dreadfully mistaken! :)

See this thread here more more stories of Aussies that can't access EN World. Apparently it affected parts of Asia and South America for a bit too. It only seems to affect certain ISP users in Australia though (like Optusnet for example). I can only post because I can access EN World from work. :(

Using a proxy server as suggested on the other thread that I linked to above is the only way I have been able to access EN World from home. It took me a long time to find a proxy server that worked too.

Olaf the Stout

Xilo said:
Here is his reply:
Cyberstreet are the ISP who host ENWorld so an ISP needs to get to Cyberstreet regardless of the address. I’m using the www.enworld.org address and it ain’t working…

For the technically minded I’ve tried a tracert and it just times out.

Nick

Xilo,

Give Olive to use this address and port for his proxy server. It was the only one I found so far that would let me log in and post.

Address: 132.248.66.16 Port: 3128

You need to go to Tool > Internet Options > Connections > Settings

From there check the use a proxy server box and enter the address and port I listed above. It will be a bit slower than you're used to but it should work. Hopefully the problem will sort itself but this should provide a workaround until then.

Olaf the Stout

kirinke

First Post
Sorry about what I said since it's wrong, :p, I just knew that the cyberstreet thingamagumi wasn't working anymore, at least for those of us in the U.S.

kasin

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
Unfortunately you are dreadfully mistaken! :)

See this thread here more more stories of Aussies that can't access EN World. Apparently it affected parts of Asia and South America for a bit too. It only seems to affect certain ISP users in Australia though (like Optusnet for example). I can only post because I can access EN World from work. :(

Internode is unaffected, although I've asked for the IP ban on Internode's Adelaide proxy servers to be removed though.

Glenn (Internode staff)

Remove ads