Product page for Volo's Guide to Monsters updated

Oh that is a nice preface.

Desrimal

Explorer
I don't need additional monster lore or new character races - I'm only interested in more monsters. I wish they would have made a Monster Manual 2 instead - with more monsters and NPCs presented like the original MM.

Going by this and the SCAG, for releases outside of campaign-length modules, I suspect we can expect most books to hybrid products. But I suppose two products hardly make for good sample data.

The new races might be fun, and the monster lore could be inspiring. If it gives me some new ideas for old favorites, I'll be happy. But yeah, I'm always up for more monsters for the game.

Aside from new monsters, though, what I really want are some new magic items.

I don't need additional monster lore or new character races - I'm only interested in more monsters. I wish they would have made a Monster Manual 2 instead - with more monsters and NPCs presented like the original MM.

delericho

Legend
Going by this and the SCAG, for releases outside of campaign-length modules, I suspect we can expect most books to hybrid products. But I suppose two products hardly make for good sample data.

As someone else noted on another thread (possibly pre-crash), even the adventure books are hybrids. In particular, "Storm King's Thunder" appears to be rather better as a setting guide than as an adventure.

(And it's not the only one - CoS had significant information about Barovia, OotA detailed a lot of the FR Underdark, and so on.)

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
I just want a final version of the kender race.

Never going to happen. WotC didn't deliver on that promise with the DMG, and they don't seem like they have any intention of making good on it in the future. They have said that Dragonlance is not one of their priority settings, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Never going to happen. WotC didn't deliver on that promise with the DMG, and they don't seem like they have any intention of making good on it in the future. They have said that Dragonlance is not one of their priority settings, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

The ENWorld hivemind theory right now is that the "big book of rules" being hinted at may cover mechanical options for other settings, such as Warforged or Kender. Dragonlance is not a tier one setting, but it feta plenty of coverage in the core books.

Remathilis

Legend
The ENWorld hivemind theory right now is that the "big book of rules" being hinted at may cover mechanical options for other settings, such as Warforged or Kender. Dragonlance is not a tier one setting, but it feta plenty of coverage in the core books.

From your keyboard to Mearl's Eyeballs. I'd be very happy with a "Guide to the Multiverse" with Kender, Warforged, Artificers, Shair, Muls, Bariaurs, Mystic/Psions, and more spells, feats, and such.

Remove ads

Remove ads