Professional GM Diary: Final Preparations

Obryn

Hero
I haven't seen anything else but what in this thread Obryn, but if what you say is true then the tone of some of the posts I have seen here are even more disturbing.

I feel sad that some people here think it is funny to laugh at someone with problems and look to bring them down. Wouldn't a gently worded personal message be a more appropriate way to try and make useful suggestions? Or is this all about looking cleverer than someone else?
(1) I honestly don't think most posters here have read (for example) the RPGnet threads to know about his financial trouble. I know you didn't. Heck, I didn't either until last night. So... I wouldn't climb up too high on that soapbox and pretend everyone else is suddenly even crueler than you thought.

(2) I sincerely doubt anyone wants his family to get deeper into financial straits. I know I don't. In fact, I'd say the whole thread makes me more sad than anything - it won't work, and there are better ways to make money.

(3) When someone has as unrealistic an opinion of himself as C_C seems to have, it's tough to resist the urge to poke fun.

(4) He's ignored all advice, from what I can tell. Advice + Deafness to Advice + Message Board = Intarweb Drama

(5) If his financial troubles are real, isn't it harmful to cheer on a harebrined scheme that won't even come close to paying the bills?

-O

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
It's after 8 PM in New York City. When will we find out what happened?

Now that we're interested, should we pay C_C a couple bucks to keep posting here?
:D

PoeticJustice

First Post
Apparently he came to his senses and shuttered his project in a thread over at rpg.net. It's been an interesting story to follow.

If he's a troll, then he's my favorite so far.

S'mon

Legend
Apparently he came to his senses and shuttered his project in a thread over at rpg.net. It's been an interesting story to follow.

Oh, right.

Oh well, the whole thing was both funny and sad. I guess it's what's called "narcissistic personality disorder"?

I mean, people actually would pay a few $ to play a game with Piratecat or a few giants of the industry, though they'd probably expect the money would be going to charity. After all, RPGing is a group endeavour, the players create the game as much as the GM.

People pay $12 for a movie in New York or London to sit in an air conditioned theater and watch a production on a big screen, a production that cost tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.

$20, $12 or $10 to play D&D with some unknown guy? And not even in a dedicated venue, but in a cafe's public space? This whole thing seemed deranged.

Remove ads